General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

95gt rebuild help

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 03:32 AM
slamtrack

Default 95gt rebuild help

Hello to all, I am a first time poster and would like my first post to be something to bother yall already with ..lol ... ... I have a 95 GT auto that i just spent $3,100 on a new custom trans, and well let me tell you the trans is GREAT ... but the damn car is a wreck ... I feel like one of those kids you see running down the street in a 84" beat to hell car with a fortune in Rims and stereo ... and thats just not me ..lol and to top that she's given me some trouble ... so how do you fix the problem..... TARE THE WHOLE THING APART and make you're self a blank canvas .. I'm just wanting to go through the motor and check the bottom end (she's got 130k on here clock ) and slap a good cam head and intake combo while dressing up the engine bay while I'm at it. So I'm sure you wondering OK man get to the question ... so here it is .. .

I have had Mustangs all my life from my first car when i was 16 till now .. (24) and have done minor things to them the most extensive being a clutch replacement ... not that i dont like the work I just never had the opportunity or the excuse to go digging in ... so where can i find something, maybe a PDF file or a video on how to go through and rebuild a 5.0 small block ford ... just any type of instruction so I'm not learning my usual way buy trial and error... i mainly need to know how to degree the Cam most of the stuff Ive done before ... ( removing heads, intake's, etc) but Ive got to get this one right the first time so any help i can get would greatly be appreciated .. Ty to all

THE SLAM
Old 12-16-2005, 04:30 AM
waxyourboard
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 95gt rebuild help

You'll find some great information in Hayne's manuals, they'll walk you through step-by-step and they cost like $20 and can be used over and over again.... like most books.

Maybe you want to build the lower end while you're at it... for $3,100, you sure should have a hefty tranny... why not make it worthwhile? Maybe slap on some nitrous or s/c.

There are some people on this forum who know a lot and I'm sure they'd be happy to help you out too, it just might be easier to buy yourself a book to tell you the things you wouldn't think to ask. Like to disconnect the spout connector when timing, or various other little tidbits that are sometimes overlooked.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:54 AM
slamtrack

Default RE: 95gt rebuild help

lol .... yea youre right, my first thot was to just go all out and slap a RAT in her but from what i understand 460's are not only expensive, hard to find and a Bi#ch to work here in and keep her cool .. .. but thats what i really want to do but ... unfoutnaly .... well you know ..lol