General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

is this a Sin?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 02:49 AM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

Default RE: is this a Sin?

i got 166000 hard mile on my 5.0 so far!!
Old 12-24-2005, 08:46 AM
tncruiser
3rd Gear Member

i,m a ford person so isay keep the pony. i have owned a few gm s . for example a proud day in my life was buying a new caddy in 86 happy day in my life was wathching it leave my drive behind a tow truck never to be seen again it was 3 years old and 120k , 2nd example 95 s-10 3 trannies in 90k last one puked fluid ,dealer said that happens somtimes all wok preformed at a large chevy dealer. so stay at the shevy dlr you have good job secuity. a note on cameros they were advertised as the car from the country tat gave us ROCK N ROLL excuse me but since when did quebec give us R N R. G T O a reworked opal come on G M get it right

brianj (tncruiser)
Old 12-24-2005, 10:33 AM
Leadfoot
2nd Gear Member

Yes, this should be in Off Topic. Hey, this ups my post count. Next!
Old 12-24-2005, 02:41 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rmodel65

i got 166000 hard mile on my 5.0 so far!!
5.0s are bullit proof, as are the 300 straight 6, the 351, and the 232 split-port (fixed headgasket problems), the 2.3 is also very reliable,

maybe we should list the least reliable cause that sounds eaiser, the 460, and one of the V-6s, maybe the 3.0? for the late 80s to 2006 models.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:44 PM
Lee Willis
2nd Gear Member

I don't think you need to show any loyalty to the brand where you work.

My son is one of about six service managers at a really big Ford Dealership. Two of them own Mustangs, one a T-bird (?ugh). He did buy a nice Ranger through the Ford discount (be a fool not to) as his 2nd car, but he drives and races our 98 Camaro (see signature) and often drives it to work - it has a lcustom icense plate "187FORD" (187 is the police code for murder). His best buddy is another service manager and he has super-lightned LS1 Trans Am that runs low 11s with a stock engine (no mods to head or block). A third service guy drives a very mean corvette C3 that does 10s. It seems to be the main requirement is just that you care about cars.

As to working in a Chevy place making you realize their cars are lousy, my son says the same thing about Fords, but then, like you, he sees the worn and abused ones, and as I keep reminding him, Ford, like Chevy, is a company that thinks the best engineer is the guy who can take out as much money as possible out of design, so it fails a day after it goes out of warranty.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:47 PM
Lee Willis
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tncruiser

a note on cameros they were advertised as the car from the country tat gave us ROCK N ROLL excuse me but since when did quebec give us R N R?

brianj (tncruiser)

So then, you would consider a Honda Accord, or a BMW Z3, to be a US car, because they were both built here in the US?
Old 12-24-2005, 03:22 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

I think its kinda stupid for people to say u have to drive a car in relation to where u work, just tell em to stfu, its just a job. )
Old 12-24-2005, 04:11 PM
HC_CrAzYHoRsE
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: OnyxCobra

I think its kinda stupid for people to say u have to drive a car in relation to where u work, just tell em to stfu, its just a job. )
exactly... ask them to actually give you a valid reason instead of talking through their ***.
Old 12-24-2005, 04:37 PM
*Blk_96_Stang_GT*
4th Gear Member

Ive been trying to get a job at any dealership just so i can have a job around cars. And my car has 150,000 hard miles on it.
Old 12-24-2005, 05:40 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tncruiser

i,m a ford person so isay keep the pony. i have owned a few gm s . for example a proud day in my life was buying a new caddy in 86 happy day in my life was wathching it leave my drive behind a tow truck never to be seen again it was 3 years old and 120k , 2nd example 95 s-10 3 trannies in 90k last one puked fluid ,dealer said that happens somtimes all wok preformed at a large chevy dealer. so stay at the shevy dlr you have good job secuity. a note on cameros they were advertised as the car from the country tat gave us ROCK N ROLL excuse me but since when did quebec give us R N R. G T O a reworked opal come on G M get it right

brianj (tncruiser)
Ok, GTO=reworked Holden, not opel

did you know that if your cars first digit of the VIN is a 1 its made in the US and a 2 is canada, rented a Ford Mini-van over the summer to go to canada, made in canada, Most dodges and chryslers, are made in canada or Mexico,

so "american" cars are made in canada and Mexico, and Japanese cars are made in Tennese, Kentucky, etc, what country are those in again?