General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

is this a Sin?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 05:56 PM
tncruiser
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: is this a Sin?

to lee willis and mustang man no i dont consider beemer and honda american label (remember i said i grew up in detroit so for me personally i want a big three label as for the gto i know its a holden but the other day on speed vision (not sure which show) they said a lot of the gto was the old caddy cattera ,s .i met the lead designer at pontiac a year or so ago and this guy claimed he got shot down on the hood scoop for the first gen new goat ,then got his demand the 2nd year ,its a nice car very fast but no lineage to the old goat , at my age i remember test driving first generation mustang,gto,charger etc etc and have a lot of brand loyalaty on the other hand if it has a motor it will catch my attention. thats why i enjoy this and other forums i follow.

brianj(tncruiser)
Old 12-24-2005, 07:18 PM
Lee Willis
2nd Gear Member

I've personally lost loyalty to any brand, and I buy on the specific car.

And it is getting harder to tell what, if anything, is American. Like you said the GTO is really very much Catera, but that started out before Caddy modded it as an Opel sedan. And what about Chrysler? They are half Daimler Benz (Mercedes) now. The Crossfire is the previous generation SLK chassis, and the 300 and the Charger started out as the Mercedes e-class platform. With ford, the 4.2 engine in the thunderbird shares a hertiage with the 4.2 Jag V8 (designed before Ford bought them), and the Focus is half German design. The new Fusion will be sold in Germany and was half designed there.
Old 12-24-2005, 08:13 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

I've personally lost loyalty to any brand, and I buy on the specific car.

And it is getting harder to tell what, if anything, is American. Like you said the GTO is really very much Catera, but that started out before Caddy modded it as an Opel sedan. And what about Chrysler? They are half Daimler Benz (Mercedes) now. The Crossfire is the previous generation SLK chassis, and the 300 and the Charger started out as the Mercedes e-class platform. With ford, the 4.2 engine in the thunderbird shares a hertiage with the 4.2 Jag V8 (designed before Ford bought them), and the Focus is half German design. The new Fusion will be sold in Germany and was half designed there.
i thought the thunderturd had a 3.9 V-6, im too lazy to go searchin right now.