General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Car Wont Start. HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 06:02 AM
KillSwitchNY
2nd Gear Member

Default Car Wont Start. HELP

hi i have an 88 mustang gt.

i had a stock fuel pump in the car that was dying out so whenever i would make right turns (only) the car would drop fuel pressure from 43psi to 0 and i would have to restart while driving.

replaced the fuel pump with walbro 255lph pump and now the car wont stall out but will drop pressure from 43 to about 25-30 then come back again when i get straight. this happens when i have 1/2 tank or less.

i have a fuel pressure guage in my car in case your wondering where i got the numbers.

today i took a right turn and the car died out. i know i had low gas (but my fuel guage is innacurate even though i replaced the sending unit)<can you fix that?

i left the car for a few hours and the pressure had built itself back up and i was able to run for about 30 seconds before running out of gas again... i still hear the pump spool up when ignition on but not as loud as before

i filled with gas and still nothing . spent 6 hours tonite in the middle of the road trying to get it started. i disconnected the fuel press guage to releive any air caught in there and there was no pressure at all. finally got a pull home.

sorry about the story just wanted you to know the details so hopefully you can help me..

Old 01-13-2006, 11:14 AM
Chopper
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Car Wont Start. HELP

I remember your last post about this problem.WOW,there has to be an electrical gremlin involved.The only thing I can think of is to hook up a pressure guage.Raise the car as high as you can,a lift would be handy,and start moving wires underneath the car.Move hard parts also because they could be shifting under the G-forces and contacting a wire and causing an open circuit.
Another approach would be to run a dedicated circuit to the fuel pump and see if the problem dissapears.Try running wires directly from the battery with a switch inside the car to isolate the cars electrical system.