General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

SEARCH FIRST

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 12:48 AM
beheivjer
2nd Gear Member

Default SEARCH FIRST

I understand that I am a newbie, but come on people. Use the search function. I see the same things asked over and over. Then people asking the same questions the next day if they dont get a response. thanks everybody for letting me vent
Old 01-31-2006, 01:29 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Default RE: SEARCH FIRST

But something that you dont see is that sometimes those questions will get different answers or more support. It also helps to keep the forum alive with fresh topics and it keeps people posting. If no body repeated questions then eventually there would be no need for a forum at all, it would just be a FAQ search site.

Yeah sure its gets annoying at times for questions are are asked tons of times or people that just dont get it, or do reposts or do multi posts in seperate forum topics, but for the most part its a good thing if kept in check

-Neo-
Old 01-31-2006, 01:54 AM
beheivjer
2nd Gear Member

my complaint is when they ask the same thing that was asked 2 days earlier. thats all im saying
Old 01-31-2006, 01:10 PM
ToplessGT
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, but 2 days ago, i might not have seen that, and have you actually tried the search function???? You can sift for hours in there. I personally like the fact that people can come here and ask questions which keeps the forum going. I like to be able to help out. Also, somebody was asking about airbags a while ago. I didnt see that post, but when another came up, I was able to help that dude, which in turn the first poster PM'd me because he saw that one. That, and theres always different parts/ideas coming out and new people joining that can contribute. Just because it was posted 2 days ago, doesnt mean everybody read it.... give people a little break.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:32 PM
Tim37
4th Gear Member

ok how many times does the grear questions have to be asked? i can under stand certian questions getting asked every once in a while maybe once or twice a month but there is a new thread on gears, xpipe vs. hpipe, headers, catbacks, every day.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:34 PM
turbostang21
5th Gear Member

thank you....no other sites tolerate the amount of extremely repetative questions we get here....but then again i wouldn't call this site a tech site either. it is not hard to search...some questions are asked more than once on the same page. it does not keep the forum alive with fresh topics because they are not "fresh topics". "what sc should i run" and "what is better" type questions are the kind personal opinion questions i see all the time and are somewhat pointless. now if you ask what is better for this goal or for this situation it makes sense and you may get a worthwhile response from someone who knows what they are talking about. i guess im venting as well and im impressed to see a noob brought up the point
Old 01-31-2006, 02:24 PM
ToplessGT
3rd Gear Member

well then, whats the point of asking questions on this forum... let it die. Just use the search button, probaly find the answer there. Of course some will be outdated, but who cares right? And, by outdated, I mean within a couple of months. I just found out a couple of weeks ago that there is a new set of gears that end w/ an N (3.73's). If I would have used the search, I wouldnt have found that. Yeah, its just my little question I had, but some of us are still learning and dont know exactly what to search for. (for example- type in supercharger and see what comes up- good luck searching) I for one am not one that asks questions, but I do like it when others do, I learn alot from people here and sometimes dont read every post that was here the past week. But, yeah, if some people would use the search button, we probaly would see the posts here cut by 3/4's.... which means less traffic and no more talking to you fine people.....
Old 01-31-2006, 03:59 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: beheivjer

I understand that I am a newbie, but come on people. Use the search function. I see the same things asked over and over. Then people asking the same questions the next day if they dont get a response. thanks everybody for letting me vent
I get tired of noobs complaining about people not using the search function. [&:]