General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Cobra Mod Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 05:09 PM
chandler_711

Default Cobra Mod Questions

Moderators - Please don't move. I would like to get a few responses and I am having no luck in the SVT section.

I am sure this has been posted, but I am having no luck with my searches. Please only post useful info. for me. And preferably, some first-hand knowledge!

1. What type of CAI should I go with?
2. What type of shifter?
3. What type of exhaust?
4. What pulley combination?
5. In reference to above, what length belt will I need?
6. Is the Diablosport Predator the best piggy-back to go with?
7. In reference to above, if not, should I just get a dyno tune? If so, where would be the best shop in the South East?
8. What type of clutch should I go with for the T56? I am looking to achieve about 500 rwhp.
9. What gears?
10. What brakes?
11. What heat exchanger?
12. Best oil?
13. Best injectors?

Again, please post any valuable knowledge you may have. Please don't keep it a secret! I plan on doing pretty much all of these mods within the first couple weeks of having the car. I am just looking for about 500-550 rwhp. All of these questions should be answered with the assumption that I am working on a stock 03 Cobra. Thanks in advance for all of your help and answers. Please feel free to add any info and opinions.

Thanks again everyone!
Old 02-10-2006, 05:27 PM
chandler_711

Default RE: Cobra Mod Questions

bump. Anyone, please feel free to answer a few questions for me. I am considering everything! And I have done searches everywhere and cannot get decent info.

Thanks again!
Old 02-10-2006, 09:17 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chandler_711

Moderators - Please don't move. I would like to get a few responses and I am having no luck in the SVT section.

I am sure this has been posted, but I am having no luck with my searches. Please only post useful info. for me. And preferably, some first-hand knowledge!

1. What type of CAI should I go with?
2. What type of shifter?
3. What type of exhaust?
4. What pulley combination?
5. In reference to above, what length belt will I need?
6. Is the Diablosport Predator the best piggy-back to go with?
7. In reference to above, if not, should I just get a dyno tune? If so, where would be the best shop in the South East?
8. What type of clutch should I go with for the T56? I am looking to achieve about 500 rwhp.
9. What gears?
10. What brakes?
11. What heat exchanger?
12. Best oil?
13. Best injectors?

Again, please post any valuable knowledge you may have. Please don't keep it a secret! I plan on doing pretty much all of these mods within the first couple weeks of having the car. I am just looking for about 500-550 rwhp. All of these questions should be answered with the assumption that I am working on a stock 03 Cobra. Thanks in advance for all of your help and answers. Please feel free to add any info and opinions.

Thanks again everyone!
exhaust should be magnaflows or an SLP
dont do a cheap CAI get a good one, BBK or MAC or K&N
for oil use royal purple and whatever grade ford recomends for the cobra

i would normally recomend 4.10 gears but have never driven a cobra with gears so im unsure

diablo is one of the better tuners out there which is probably what i would use
Old 02-10-2006, 09:32 PM
chandler_711

thanks for the input man. Who else has some advice?
Old 02-10-2006, 09:37 PM
BlackSVTsnake302
4th Gear Member

Its all personal preferance really...but would I would do is, smaller pully, daiblo predator, SLP full exhaust, long tube headers, B&M shifter or steeda Tri ax. As for CAI they all work about the same, some might give you a little more hp but just keep looking around
Old 02-11-2006, 01:33 AM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

so many of those questions are in relation to personal preference and also what you want the car to be used for. Give some more information about what you want to use the car for and whether u like loud exhaust, tuned exhaust, etc and other personal preferences you have
Old 02-11-2006, 02:12 AM
chandler_711

My personal preference will definately be a sleeper. I am getting a 00 GT with complete 03 Cobra moving parts. I am even considering exhaust silencers as long as they are not too restrictive. I am looking to pull about 500 rwhp. Besides that, I am pretty open about what mods will get me to my hp craving.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:27 AM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

i just drove a buddies '03 zinc yellow coupe last weekend.

i am used to 5.0's w/ 4.10's and nitrous , and this car felt similar.

but because you have a blower i would go w/ 3.73's and a smaller blower pulley to increase the boost.

and a set of good cheater slicks, mickey thompson preferably. the radials are fine if you want them (i would go that route..no need to give up handling for traction)

clutch and fuel should all be adequate for a while, i would wait on the tune as well.

if you didn't want to increase the boost, spray a 50 shot on it. it will act like 100 on a NA car.