General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Car badges...

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 01:14 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Car badges...

GT doesn't mean it's able to drive on long distances and be comfortable, I find that notion kinda funny... I've had a V6, and my v6 was WAY more comfortable on long distance drives then my GT. Like I said, i've seen V6's that would make me look stupid if I were to race it, and that's ok - I have NO problems with fast mustangs, as long as they don't pose as something they're not. Oh by the way, the abbreviation GT means Gran Turismo and according to www.dictionary.com that means...

1 entry found for Gran turismo.
Main Entry: gran turismo
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: a touring car
Etymology: Italian `great touring'
Usage: abbreviated [GT]

That's the book defination, and GT has now been reserved basically for an upgraded model of the base car, regardless if it's a Mustang GT or a Hyundai Excel GT...

Putting symbols on your car that don't belong on your car is a good way to show you're retarded... Just makes you a wannabe plain and simple... regardless of whats under your hood.

ORIGINAL: rmodel65

y not most? gt means its able to drive on long distances and still be comfterable a turbo 6 cant be? my 84 svo was more a gt car than my 5.0 quick and handled awesome and stopped instantly!!!
ORIGINAL: xxkazp3rxx

no, no, no it's never ok!!! lol - I have seen quick V6's... some of em that will blow my doors right off, but a turbo doesn't make it a Cobra. or a GT, or a Mach 1 or a SVO.. It makes it a fast a*s V6... I did see a Mustang with a Skyline "GTR" symbol not to long ago.. tisk tisk tisk...

ORIGINAL: rmodel65

as long as the car has the ***** to back it up i see no problem! matbe a 6 with a turbo or a supercharger u really could consider this a gt
Old 02-23-2006, 01:15 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

haha I will say that I did laugh at the Geo Metro that has a BMW symbol... lol

ORIGINAL: doc_phibz

yea, i gotta put my 2 cents in on this. the worst i seen yet was a skyline "GT R" badge on a 96 ranger. i've even seen si badges on ford pick-ups. i really hate that, even though it makes me chuckle inside. i have a 95 gt that would burn any stock or mildly modified cobra and i still proudly sport my gt badges, even though i have Cobra R rims and a cobra intake, and the cobra badges would go off nice with the car if you wanted to look under the hood. but, gt and cobra badges aren't gonna fool anyone, because most of them i see still have the stock v6 rims. plus, they'll have the sigle exhaust...but the worst are still the ricers..some people need to get a clue....and another new thing is the corvette badges on luminas and monte carlo's, what's up with that, atleast have a 350 in the thing.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:29 AM
03YellowPony
6th Gear Member

YOUR POLL DON'T WORK. Hit the edit button and reselect a stop date.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:33 PM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

for the most part its entirely retarded i think. i hate it. its not that bad if you have the engine swap and stuff of course. but still...cobra owners pay for that badge. and they pay a lot. the snake is an awesome badge tho...i can understand it. but i dont agree with it.

unless of course you do something totally ridiculous and you know it is...then it can be funny. this guy i knew put a Powerstroke V8 Diesel badge on his Hyundai. silly goose. lol. it was amusing for...a day. lol.
Old 02-25-2006, 05:56 AM
cviteri
2nd Gear Member

i personally hate it... its like gay ppl, even if they do all these shts to their bodies, they will never be girls NEVER!!!!!!![:@] its the same w/ cars even if you have the rims, the body kit or something else. its not gonna change. feel proud for what you have !!!!
Old 02-25-2006, 06:28 AM
03YellowPony
6th Gear Member

He was a poser of the worst kind. I have a 6er, and I would NEVER fake badge it. Matter of fact, I just put a V6_3.8L badge on my trunklid.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:02 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

yeah I had a good friend that put a 232 badge on his car... the body kit, wheels things like tha aren't a big deal... but you cross the line when you put the badge on it...
Old 02-26-2006, 12:44 PM
95gtpa
2nd Gear Member

I cant stand any people that switch emblems like a honda civic ex to a si, a bmw 3 series to an M3, or a mustang v6 to cobra emblems. Why should you have to fake it. Just spend the extra money and stop kicking yourself in the @ss and buy the car. I rep a 95gt and Im proud of it. There is nothing wrong with putting a cobra front or cobra rims on my car, but you wont see my putting a cobra emblem on my fenders. I have a great story for all to hear. There is this kid at school, not to stereotype (jock) who has a 94'gt. He goes around telling everyone that he has a cobra because some stupid @ss he bought it from put the SVT badge on the back. And for anyone that knows anything about mustangs, one look and you would laugh at him. He has the stock 94 rims and ground effects. Please just keep it real.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:08 PM
Zoie_daGT
5th Gear Member

Dont advertise an engine or car that you dont have. If you have a GT, put GT badges on and the same with a V6 or Cobra. I can kinda see the downplaying by putting a sixer emblem on a cobra for a sleeper effect but not the other way around.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:41 PM
shayne
2nd Gear Member

I have an '03 6er vert and would NEVER put GT or Cobra emblems on it. I do have a 232 decklid emblem and matching 232 center cap decals on my cobra r's. I just don't like misbadging. I also have true duals (triple chamber), but I didn't do it to fool people into thinking it's a 4.6. I did it 'cuz I wanted the car to sound a little more aggressive. If I wanted a GT or Cobra I would have bought one. I love the sound of a V8. But I wanted a V6 vert for a vacation and summer ride that would be easy to afford.
Stangs have a great amount of "cool factor" until you really mess on up.

[IMG]local://upfiles/27334/D18F70685AB24E06AE576591CC268D1E.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Car badges...