Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Cold are intake

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 10:27 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Cold are intake

Money is not the issue with the cai and tune. i just did not want to by something I did not need. I can get both without saving a penny more. While I was waiting on some more replies and feedback I started looking around at some cai post. i am getting a liitle nervous again because I have seen quite a few people on here that are in trouble trying to get codes downloaded or error codes when they are trying to complete the install. That's what I dont want. I just cant have this halfway installed and get to the code part and have problems and then try to log on and list them and hope some of you has the answer. Mannnnn, I don't know. I think I should just go to some shop and let them do this hole thing. At least I will have someone to point the finger at if they screw up. ya feel me?? I was feeling ok with the cai install after reading you guys notes but dude, seeing all the post about"help with cai problem" will make you wonder. Anyone in Maryland WHO KNOWS how to do this from start to finish want to get your hands dirty and help out a fellow brother!!????? Oh, Delaware is close to me as well....If you dont really know or messed yours up the first couple of times thanks but no thanks..:-( i need you guys who can do this in your sleep.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:36 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Dude you can trust most every person on this site. They arent going to feed you garbage to make you go out and buy something you dont need. You WILL eventually need a tuner if you plan on doing any other mods other than CAI, and most everyone suggests a tuner for the CAI also... unless you dont want the engine of course. If you dont adjust the A/F ratio using a tuner you will run your car with too much air and not enough fuel going into the engine and it will burn up. Thats not a lie, or a gimmick to make people buy tuners, its a FACT. I havent installed a CAI and tuner on my car yet simply because I dont have the money for it at the time, but from talking to people and seeing friends install them on their cars ive learned some stuff. I know people who have installed intakes on other cars and not used tuners.. but everyone I have talked to that has an intake on our Mustangs has used a tuner. If you would browse around and look at peoples signatures, most of them have their tuner listed in their mods right next to their CAI. And not to bash the Predator tuner but all of the "HELP WITH CAI AND TUNER" threads I have seen have been with the Predator, not the SCT XCAL. I planned on getting a SCT anyways simply because so many people have said it is better than any others out there and since they have more experience than me... I have no reason not to believe them. If youre really that worried about it, you could always call Brent at Brenspeed and he will explain everything MUCH MUCH better than I ever could. the website is www.Brenspeed.com Just click on contact and give him a ring.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:47 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

I would call Brent at Brenspeed and let him set you up with one of his setups. I am not sure what ever came of the brenspeed vs. evolution performace duel (two custom tuners) or if there ever was a confirmed difference.

But I have never heard anything bad about his tune. I dont have his setup yet, but I plan on ordering it in a couple weeks unless some major difference between his and the evo tune comes to light. I called him to place an order for a g-trac brace and talked to him about his tune and he seemed really on the ball.

I dont get my car worked on at the dealer unless something large breaks. But I asked the service manager about a CAI and a tune and he claimed that they had no problem with it and in fact they offer the C&L or JLT with canned tunes as a dealer installed option on new GT's as they are an SVT dealer as well. He said he really did not have a problem with any other mod as long as the mod itself doesent kill the engine.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:43 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Ok, I will give him a ring and see if he can help me out. thanks
Old 06-12-2006, 12:21 AM
scubadog
I ♥ Acer

I ordered the CAI and SCT XCAL-2 from Brenspeed and I'm waiting for it to come in. They set three tunes on the SCT XCAL-2 at the shop so it is already programmed and comes with the hook up cable. You just have to make a decision on what fule you wnat to burn then set it to that tune.

Otherwise you have to go get what ever tuner you want sperately, have a tune put in, and go from there. Getting a complete set at one time IMO made sense and it was less expensive.

I looked around for a while, seemed like SCT XCAL-2 had the least problems. I ordered it on E-Bay.

good luck.

SD