Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Possibly Buying a Shelby-Compare to GT. Color Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 05:13 PM
marlinmon07
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Possibly Buying a Shelby-Compare to GT. Color Opinions

just sounded like BS at first, now i recall ya from another post saying you had the family hookup--thats pretty sweet. oh and i would get white stripes on red if it was my choice
Old 07-07-2006, 05:27 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

I would get red too if it was an option. I guess I could add red as custom stripes if I wanted later.
Red looks very nice with the white. I totally agree with that. I was bummed when they did'nt have red stripes as an option.
I really dont like the over the top stripes on the black but I do like black with just the side stripes. My family member has the car ordered in white with blue stripes. He said if I wanted to change it though I needed to do it soon before it is locked in.
I REALLY wish the white came with black interior. The charcoal isnt that bad but it is a tad light for my taste. I love the black and red interior but I believe you can only get charcoal with the white. (im going to double check).
Anyways, thanks for the input
Old 07-07-2006, 06:29 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

As I stated earlier. White. Especially knowing it is ordered with blue stripes. Then take it somewhere and have them duplicate the interior, but in blue, and get white bullit wheels. Store the seat covers and wheels for when you want to resell it as a stock unit someday.

And by the way... there is an edit button on each of your own posts. You can just add to your last one instead of continually replying to yourself.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:16 PM
mustangman2424
I ♥ Acer

Have you seen both colors you want in person? Usually the pictures never do the colors justice.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:11 PM
enfilade

Do you want us to help you pick out what color panties to wear while we're at it?
Old 07-07-2006, 10:23 PM
BoidMorphs
3rd Gear Member

I would think since you're located in TX white would make a lot more sense to keep cool. Whatever color stripes come on it doesn't really matter. My understanding is they are not painted, just vinyl so it's not like you couldn't change them for cheap money. I got mine for around $100 from Baltimore Street Mods. Long term I'd want whatever color stripes painted on anyway.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:10 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

White with blue stripes or blue with white stripes are always two good mustang choices. Dark colors are more slimming.

Tungsten might look nice but

I am not really a fan of black unless it is perfectly clean and swirl free. Which is hard to do on a driver. But if it is going to be a garage queen, go for it.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:14 PM
20AnniGT

Here's a simple answer to your simple question.
Get the White w/Blue.
It will look better over the long haul, white is easier to keep up, and it's cooler in the Texas weather.
There ya go.

Black is a bitch to keep up!!!
Old 07-08-2006, 01:17 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

I have to agree with the white with blue stripes. I was thiiiiiiis close to getting a white GT and doing that stripe scheme. Its classic and it will be much cooler in the summer (and this is coming from someone who lives next door.......so I know how the heat can get). On black I tend to prefer white stripes.....but thats just my preference. I'm not feeling the Tungsten stripes on the GT500 body too much.

[IMG]local://upfiles/28087/00C4F4D9B79E4D95BA4151D53D6FEE0A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/28087/ACEB25F9C8184E789504BD86F76719CA.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-08-2006, 01:18 AM
motoxdirtrider84
2nd Gear Member

I am just going to say this, I dont think you can get a Shelby anytime soon for MSRP and choose the color no matter what "Family Hookup" you have. Didnt you know the shelby was coming out prior to purchasing your GT?

Quick Reply: Possibly Buying a Shelby-Compare to GT. Color Opinions