Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 12:53 PM
07stangGrl
2nd Gear Member

Default Wheels

HI all, New to the Mustang forum...I have an 07 Mustang GT Convertible on order should be here in a few days cant wait.!. But have a question about wheels, I am looking at putting 18x10 on the back and 18x9 on the front "Chrome Bullet". I have found them from a Company by the name of Mustang Tuning.com... Anyone heard of them or has anyone ordered from them.?
Wanted to make sure there wheels are a good quality. Also looking to put a new hood on it have seen some at Ponybuilder.com along with Convertible Light Bar. Heard of the company?
Thanks for your help. I will send pics when the car is done...
Old 07-11-2006, 02:05 PM
FastLane034
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Wheels

We've all heard of Mustangtuning.com they give free shipping! They are a sponsor for the site and many of us go through them. Best quality around if you ask me, GO FOR IT! I dont know about Ponybuilder.com but I'm sure its good there too. Mustang tuning for the win!
Old 07-11-2006, 02:51 PM
ratzila
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to the site. When you order the wheels make sure they are for the 05-up mustangs.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:54 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: FastLane034

We've all heard of Mustangtuning.com they give free shipping! They are a sponsor for the site and many of us go through them. Best quality around if you ask me, GO FOR IT! I dont know about Ponybuilder.com but I'm sure its good there too. Mustang tuning for the win!
Actually MustangTuning is not currently a sponser of MF.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:48 PM
07stangGrl
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the Welcome. Fastlane thanks for the info.Think that is were I will get them from! I just got a call my car is in going to get it this PM cant wait. Red with Black top and Red and Black Interior...
Old 07-11-2006, 04:57 PM
retfr8flyr
3rd Gear Member

Your 07 will have the TPS on the wheels. When you order the new wheels you will have to make sure you can transfer the sensors from your stock wheels to the new ones. If you have to get new sensors they are expensive and you have to get the computer reflashed to accept them. I had the TPS on my previous truck and it is a real pain.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:20 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: retfr8flyr

Your 07 will have the TPS on the wheels. When you order the new wheels you will have to make sure you can transfer the sensors from your stock wheels to the new ones. If you have to get new sensors they are expensive and you have to get the computer reflashed to accept them. I had the TPS on my previous truck and it is a real pain.
What are you talking about??? The only TPS on Mustangs is the Throttle Position Sensor and that is found on the throttle body. The only thing I can imagine you are talking about is a Tire Pressure Sensor which Mustangs do not come with from the factory.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:09 AM
Black2007
1st Gear Member

I think the TIRE PRESSURE SENSORS are now stock on '07s but I may be wrong...I will let you know...mine will be here this week too. Black GT vert, parchment/parchment...sport interior upgrade, 17s, auto, yadi...yadi ....yadi...

Best of luck and post pics...

Old 07-12-2006, 06:29 AM
silverado
1st Gear Member

Welcome 07!!! I have the exact same set you mentioned from Mustang Tuning and I couldnt be happier. They fit the wells perfectly and are great quality. The ones I got required spacers on the front to clear the calipers but that didnt bother me, it does some people. Also they may have re-engineered them so they fit without the spacers by now. And with deep dishes.....no need for 2nds I say DO IT!!!! (wish I could post pics 4 u but am out of town. Ill post some by Fri on this thread.)
Old 07-12-2006, 10:25 AM
07stangGrl
2nd Gear Member

GOT IT GOT IT... They called me yesterday and said it was on the truck in the parking lot! When I got there they had it in the show room all the salesmen were ewing and haaing over it Think it was the first red 2 tone 07 they had gotten in told them all to STEP back LOL it was mine... I did leave it there they are going to stripe it for me ( Hand painted stripe not the decal) and do the Light bar, window tint, I was going to do an After market wing on it but I opted not to do a wing on it, leave it clean on the back , besides that everyone has a wing and I am trying to be a little different, but it does have a hood scoop .. Ya know it really looks good with the 2 tone black red inside. I really didnt think I was going to Like it. The light bar will be black.. And the wheels yep got the 18x10 on the back and the 18x9 on front deep dish Chrome bullet. Cant wait form them to be done! Will send pics.
Oy yea and by the way they DONT have the TPS ( Tire pressure sensors) on the mustangs ..
Silverado I would love to see pics when you get back..
Black2007 I am sure you are excited and I know I was.. Good luck
Thanks all