Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Im holding my paycheck and having a hard time

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 12:32 AM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

Default Im holding my paycheck and having a hard time

...deciding whether I should order Bassani long tube ceramic coated headers and off road x-pipe, as well as BMR kmember and lca relocation brackets...right at this moment, or to wait 5min so i can go to the bathroom get a drink of water (cuz i drooled myself dehydrated).

should i buy now?

should i buy when i get the first response to this thread?

HELP ME OUT!!!
Old 07-19-2006, 12:42 AM
Norse1974
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Im holding my paycheck and having a hard time

The long tube headers & off road x-pipe will deffantly give you a huge hp increase!I had the shortys put on mine with an off road x-pipe & felt a differance!L/T headers make even more hp!GO FOR IT BRO!, and enjoy your ride!
Old 07-19-2006, 12:43 AM
andyman
4th Gear Member

go long, go strong, or don't even bother. you won't do this mod twice, so do it right the first time.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:47 AM
Norse1974
3rd Gear Member

Yeah I agree but was informed by a local race shop that has a decent rep not to buy long tubes unless I planned on a S/C..So I went with the shortys.Down the road I may swap them.?.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:10 AM
Daniel06GT
3rd Gear Member

GO FOR IT!!!!

It's going to be sweeeeeeeet!
Old 07-19-2006, 10:15 AM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Norse1974

Yeah I agree but was informed by a local race shop that has a decent rep not to buy long tubes unless I planned on a S/C..So I went with the shortys.Down the road I may swap them.?.
That sounds completely opposite to everything I've read. LTs are the only way to add reasonable power with exhaust in the new mustangs. The stock exhaust is pretty efficient until you make a major change like LTs. So going with shorties really doesn't add much power according to everything I've read. And as far as LTs and superchargers, most places I've looked have said that having LTs WITH a supercharger can make the SC a little less powerful because there is not enough backpressure from the exhaust for the SC to build up the best boost.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:30 PM
blowngt
I ♥ Acer

I wouldn't let that shop even change your oil...lol (they obviously don't know sqaut)

Sleeper - why would you relocate your LCA's? The ONLY reason to relocate ANYTHING on the car is because you HAVE TO in order to make room for a more important part. This applies to everything except engine mounts. Relocating your lca's makes your hook-up worse not better. Better to get the k-member brace w/engine torque limiters - Now that's a mod that you can use.

Old 07-19-2006, 06:01 PM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blowngt

I wouldn't let that shop even change your oil...lol (they obviously don't know sqaut)

Sleeper - why would you relocate your LCA's? The ONLY reason to relocate ANYTHING on the car is because you HAVE TO in order to make room for a more important part. This applies to everything except engine mounts. Relocating your lca's makes your hook-up worse not better. Better to get the k-member brace w/engine torque limiters - Now that's a mod that you can use.

...because im dropped 2.75 inches and the lca's point UP at a 30 degree angle when they are supposed to point Down at a 10-15 degree angle...thus the need to lower the point of connection to the rear axle via relocation brackets to get proper transfer of energy for launching the car. if i was stock ride height it would be counterproductive...but im sitting on the ground almost literally. and i did get the k-member

anyway, so when i went to fill out the form to order i realized that my credit card would be maxed out. i gotta go to bank of america tomo morn and get one with a higher limit, considering i almost max it out every month and pay off every penny every time. either way, i got the k-member, aarm support, lca relocations, and the xpipe...but the headers would put me over my 2k limit ARRRRG
Old 07-19-2006, 06:26 PM
FuriousGeorge
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jaiasmit

That sounds completely opposite to everything I've read. LTs are the only way to add reasonable power with exhaust in the new mustangs. The stock exhaust is pretty efficient until you make a major change like LTs. So going with shorties really doesn't add much power according to everything I've read. And as far as LTs and superchargers, most places I've looked have said that having LTs WITH a supercharger can make the SC a little less powerful because there is not enough backpressure from the exhaust for the SC to build up the best boost.
I do believe you are thinking of a TC (turbocharger). SC's are belt driven, so anything that allows the engine to breathe better will ultimately increase horsepower which allows the SC to take less of a load % off the engine. However, with a TC you need some back pressure against the turbine to maximize power.