Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

FRPP/Whipple supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 05:39 PM
peteypete

Default FRPP/Whipple supercharger

I just checked the FRPP website and the whipple supercharger for the 2005-07 MGT is now available. It doesnt give much tech related info and there doesnt seem to be the inclusion of any component parts, but i was wondering if you guys checked this out yet?
Old 07-30-2006, 05:53 PM
blowngt
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: FRPP/Whipple supercharger

Hate to break it to you but 'now available' means.... YOU CAN ORDER IT AND WE'LL TAKE YOUR MONEY NOW BUT WE STILL DON'T KNOW WHEN IT WILL SHIP...lol

Seriously,

Well, at least that's how everyone else is toting it. D'agostino racing has an inside to track to them and they were told a couple weeks ago that they were coming in a couple weeks so it could very well be true. Have to call them tomorrow and find out for sure if it's available to ship.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:57 PM
peteypete

It doesnt seem like the supercharger is coming in a kit, ( i.e. CAI, injectors, tune, plugs)? I wonder if thats going to be another long wait.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:04 PM
blowngt
I ♥ Acer

No cause that stuff could al be bought seperately right now. All the s/c kits pretty much use the same stuff. You have a couple choices on tuners, MAF but you're going to use the same #39 injectors for all of them.

The saleen doesn't come with as much as the KB and guys just get that stuff elsewhere. Whatever the 'KIT' comes with doesn't really matter, I'm just curious if the blower is really available to ship cause people have been 'TAKING ORDERS' and people's money for almost a year and still no blower. I'm going to call tomorrow and I suspect I will be told that it's available to order with an 'estimated' ship date.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:26 PM
cekim
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blowngt
I'm just curious if the blower is really available to ship cause people have been 'TAKING ORDERS' and people's money for almost a year and still no blower.
Don't do it!

Fight the urge to join the frenzy - take the power out of the "resting on laurals" bozos' hands who are doing this to us...

And then let us know when they are really shipping...