Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

V6???

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 03:19 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

Default RE: V6???

l have seen a 2005 mustang V6 in istanbul with 295s at the back and 275s at the front and with very good rims.. that thing looked like A LOT better than GT to me and l eve took photos but l cant find the CD that l put the photos in.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:21 AM
AntiHeightPunk
1st Gear Member

meh, i think we need a sticky to tell some owners to stop careing what others think of their car its just the fact that if they enjoy it thats all that matters. also ive never seen a thread or post bashing V6's
different strokes for different folks
Old 08-06-2006, 04:32 AM
superiormirage
2nd Gear Member

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here.

Personally, I have no issue with the V6 mustang. It's decently fast, it's more economical, and it's cheaper. What I DO have a problem with is the V6 drivers. I realize that mustangs appeal to the larger crowd, esp. the V6s.

But DAMN are some of the V6 drivers asshats. I get cut off more by V6 stangs than any other car on the road. I get jeered at more by some tool and his three buddies in v6 mustangs. And I see, and hear, about more stupid **** being done by drivers of V6 mustangs.

Now, that being said, I would like to apologize to all the V6 owners on Mustangforums. I'm not talking about you. I figure if you've taken the time to come here and learn/share info, you care more than most drivers out there.
Old 08-06-2006, 05:16 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

As one of the ASSHATs I try not to cut off other cars period but I really try to give lots of respect to any Mustang owner. It is a great thing we have going here with the Mustang family. It is a great car and huge loyalty. I do see some of the older models GT owners smack the new S197 crowd for buying the V6 but who cares, I love my car!

[IMG]local://upfiles/37368/6D0078397DBD43879AE4E837762E885A.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-06-2006, 01:01 PM
RabidCharlie
1st Gear Member

Nice background picture! Your car looks fabulous.

ORIGINAL: rmays06

As one of the ASSHATs I try not to cut off other cars period but I really try to give lots of respect to any Mustang owner. It is a great thing we have going here with the Mustang family. It is a great car and huge loyalty. I do see some of the older models GT owners smack the new S197 crowd for buying the V6 but who cares, I love my car!

[IMG]local://upfiles/37368/6D0078397DBD43879AE4E837762E885A.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-06-2006, 01:08 PM
superiormirage
2nd Gear Member

rmays06, I was not calling you an asshat. Just some of the V6 drivers in Tampa/Lakeland, FL.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:28 PM
EasyGT

for the most part i have no problem with v6 guys, i was afterall a v6 owner for many years, the only problem i have is when v6 guys build their cars to look exactly like GTs, i came across one last night who rolled up on me he quickly backed off when i shifted into third, thats the only thing that bothers me about v6 guys
Old 08-06-2006, 02:35 PM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

I was just checkin' out the GT forum for $#!T's and giggles and I was pretty happy to see this post I'm a V6 (2006) owner and as much as I'm looking at the V6 forums none of them (that I have seen) have ever bashed a GT, which is badass! I originally wanted a GT but the price and the insurance at my age was... wow. But we look at it the same way... hey it's a Mustang if the other person is going to be a douche bag then **** 'em.

The main thing I came to this forum for was because I've seen some posts before where GT owners had 4.10 gears in the car. How many RPM's does that make you go up from your stock 3.55? If any one knows just for the hell of it, do you know how many RPM's you're reving in 5th gear at 70 MPH (if you have 4.10 in your GT) Thanks alot! You guys are pretty cool!
Old 08-06-2006, 04:27 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMade

I was just checkin' out the GT forum for $#!T's and giggles and I was pretty happy to see this post I'm a V6 (2006) owner and as much as I'm looking at the V6 forums none of them (that I have seen) have ever bashed a GT, which is badass! I originally wanted a GT but the price and the insurance at my age was... wow. But we look at it the same way... hey it's a Mustang if the other person is going to be a douche bag then **** 'em.

The main thing I came to this forum for was because I've seen some posts before where GT owners had 4.10 gears in the car. How many RPM's does that make you go up from your stock 3.55? If any one knows just for the hell of it, do you know how many RPM's you're reving in 5th gear at 70 MPH (if you have 4.10 in your GT) Thanks alot! You guys are pretty cool!
I gained 300 rpm's. I was at 2500 at 80 mph and now am at 2800 at 80 mph. The difference in acceleration is great and I only suffered a loss of 2/10ths mpg.
Old 08-06-2006, 05:37 PM
callahan
3rd Gear Member

I respect people for who they are, not what car they drive. If you like your V-6, enjoy it.