Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

So Cal. Speedshop

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 01:20 AM
bikadur

Default So Cal. Speedshop

I go to school in the LA area and I know there has to be a good stang speedshop somewhere around there. If any of you guys know of one and have experience with them could you please let me know. With my new parts on the way (kooks exhaust upds electric water pump and suspension) I am in need of a trustworthy place with a good price. Also any good speedshops that do custom tunes.

Thanks
Old 08-17-2006, 02:04 AM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

Default RE: So Cal. Speedshop

R&E Racing - Lancaster - parts and service

Hawaii Racing - Simi Valley - parts

Earl's Automotive - San Fernando - service

I recommend buying parts from R&E and having Earl install them.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:29 AM
Stang Skeleton
3rd Gear Member

There are lots of shops around. Sent you a pm with some more info.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:31 AM
ExtremeSaleen
2nd Gear Member

Chicane Sport Tuning (http://www.chicanesport.com) is probably one of the best mustang shops in L.A. county. They're located in Torrance. Joe worked for Saleen for a number of years before starting his own shop. They've done a lot of work for Overhaulin' too. In fact Joe's been on the show (Ruststang) and does all the finishing work on the Mustangs Overhaulin does.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:52 AM
JokerCPoC
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ExtremeSaleen

Chicane Sport Tuning (http://www.chicanesport.com) is probably one of the best mustang shops in L.A. county. They're located in Torrance. Joe worked for Saleen for a number of years before starting his own shop. They've done a lot of work for Overhaulin' too. In fact Joe's been on the show (Ruststang) and does all the finishing work on the Mustangs Overhaulin does.
Torrance, That's too far for Me, In any case I lik R&E, I wish there was a place in Victorville Ca or even Barstow Ca that would install aftermarket parts as I'm no mechanic.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:07 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

I've heard good about S.T. Motorsports in so cal. They've done at least two motor builds on S197s.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:36 PM
hottymustang
2nd Gear Member

Theres Xtreme Mustang (also known as GRC Performance) in Aliso Viego I know they are really good. Their Website
Old 08-17-2006, 01:05 PM
Flippn

Thanks for this info, I'm in South Orange County so I'll be checkin' in on GRC.

ORIGINAL: hottymustang

Theres Xtreme Mustang (also known as GRC Performance) in Aliso Viego I know they are really good. Their Website
Old 08-17-2006, 01:17 PM
ExtremeSaleen
2nd Gear Member

STAY AWAY FROM GRC! Seriously. They've lost motors on the dyno at that shop. GRC Performance and Xtreme Mustang Performance are to different places. GRC is in Mission Viejo. XMP is in Aliso Viejo. Go to XMP. XMP Eric at XMP is also a former Saleen employee and knows what he's doing. I had work done at GRC and I won't be going back. Many people in my Saleen club have had or heard similar things.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:40 PM
Flippn

Thanks for your input. Please check your PM's

ORIGINAL: ExtremeSaleen

STAY AWAY FROM GRC! Seriously. They've lost motors on the dyno at that shop. GRC Performance and Xtreme Mustang Performance are to different places. GRC is in Mission Viejo. XMP is in Aliso Viejo. Go to XMP. XMP Eric at XMP is also a former Saleen employee and knows what he's doing. I had work done at GRC and I won't be going back. Many people in my Saleen club have had or heard similar things.

Quick Reply: So Cal. Speedshop