Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

problems with sct tuner ? or car ? damnit HELP you proffesionals

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 06:39 AM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

Default problems with sct tuner ? or car ? damnit HELP you proffesionals

ok first of all the idling is not fine we took the car to the dealer and they said the manifold gaskets neds to be changed then they changed but then they said they need to exchange the whole manifold part...
and they changed the MAF sensors and cleaned the injectors but still same problem .. i re tuned the car with freds tune.. it told me to do few settings which i couldnt understandd

so friends... my questions are...

1) where can i get a better manifold ( aftermarket) ? and what is the best ? int he ways of durability, performance and cost.. "?

2) when i was tuning the car.. it said the rpm idle and the one under it it said something like nue idle or something... so what should the rpm idle be ?

and also it said at the begining of the normal something like 0000-4000 and itr gave me alot of chices ...

the temp here gets 41 degree maximum temp that is, so setting the temp should be in low speed at ? and in max speed at ?

thats all ... if there was another problem i'll tell you... for now i just returned from germany and im currently using my friends mustang but IM OF TO GET MY MUSTANG EEEEHA
Old 08-20-2006, 02:10 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: problems with sct tuner ? or car ? damnit HELP you proffesionals

Sounds like a throttle body issue. Any check engine codes? As for the manifold. There are no aftermarket manifolds released yet. There are a couple of prototypes out there. The tune should have been plug and play. You should not have to make any adjustments to the tune when installing it. Best bet, call Fred.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:14 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

I'm having what sounds like the same issue. Horrid throttle lag below 1200RPM, bouncy idle throwing "Idle too low" codes, etc... Gonna clean my MAF and IAC today prolly.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:47 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

Everyone also make sure to check if you have updated their software. It is causing A LOT of problems with SCT and Diablo. The reason is the file sizes are different per year. The 05 file sizes are around 549 MB, the 06 are almost 1 mb and the 07 are over a MB. The changes are mostly minor emmissions stuff but the file 'sizes' are what's causing problems with the drive by wires.

For now the best bet is to stick with the software versions and conversions that were out for your year specific. If you have already updated and are having problems, it's a PIA cause you have to not only get the old software back, you will hve to reflash your handheld as well from a laptop.

Old 08-20-2006, 02:53 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

o.O

Will a custom tuner be able to solve this (IE Brenspeed, etc?)
Old 08-20-2006, 03:36 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

PM sent
Old 08-20-2006, 04:38 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

ok the gaps are from the throttle body to the manifold and there is some kind of CRACK ? i think or maybe its opened ( to tubes on the manifold)

the idle plays up and down through 450-1000 and sometimes when he is speeding and suddenle press the clutch for a stop or something the rpm goes under 400 and the motor just dies....

i also noticed that when the ac is on the rpm stick plays lower than usual lets say 450-600 ? ( not exactly ) but when its of the rpm stick plays higher.

BUT i have to say we raced today stock 06 5spd versus the 05 gt with tuner + filter + magnaflow catbacks... lets say he cant go from a sudden stop due to the motor problems... but we went a 60 kph roll and a 120 kph roll and a 150 kph roll.... and im proud of the mods that i got for him ....

and btw i just received a call that my 4.10 gears just arrived... and my shifter is coming on september...

so i will really want to see the diffrence with the 4.10 ...