Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Rear-ended last night!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 11:35 AM
swensicle
2nd Gear Member

Default Rear-ended last night!!

Title says it all. I was rear-ended last night in my GT. Wasn't very happy, but the dude was going real slow so it's just some minor scrapes and scratches. What does a new bumper cost for one of these? I'm going to try and get as much out of his ins. company as I can. I want my car back to like-new condition, not some bonehead sanding my current bumper down and re-spraying it.

Anybody got an idea what one would cost? Thanks guys!

Old 08-22-2006, 11:38 AM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Rear-ended last night!!

If the bumper isn't damaged except for some paint scrapes you aren't going to get a new bumper out of the deal. And is this a tech question?
Old 08-22-2006, 11:54 AM
swensicle
2nd Gear Member

Well there is a few slight gouges out of it and I'm not sure I want filler on a brand new car.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:41 PM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

They can make it look as new if the damage isn't really huge. A big crack will be different.

It really sucks you got rear-ended. I always wonder what the people where doing prior to rear-ending you. I knew I was screwing around with my radio when I nearly rear-ended someone after just getting a licence... Never screwed with the radio in traffic ever again after that.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:17 PM
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Justice

They can make it look as new if the damage isn't really huge. A big crack will be different.

It really sucks you got rear-ended. I always wonder what the people where doing prior to rear-ending you. I knew I was screwing around with my radio when I nearly rear-ended someone after just getting a licence... Never screwed with the radio in traffic ever again after that.
i hope that works out dude, i got backed into my door by a girl with no insurance. . .

try waxing and buffing it, that brought most of the paint problems out for me, maybe it will work for you, if you have any dents, paintless dent repair is inexpensive and works wonders. . .

just my .02
Old 08-22-2006, 01:34 PM
swensicle
2nd Gear Member

Black - I've got the same exact car as you and have had lots of exp. with paintless dent dudes. You're right, they can do a lot....but this is definately going to require paint. I want no visible sign that there ever was even a scratch when they're through fixing it. Know what I mean?

I was almost hoping there would be some dents in my flows so I could try another muffler system. Oh well, we'll see what happens.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:43 PM
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

yeah, i know what you mean. . .

i was thinking the same thing when i got hit. . . i wanted a whole new door panel. . . but once you find out what it takes to get something like that done, you start considering the other options(paintless dent repair), not saying you will, but i did. . .

the thing with having it repainted. . . no paint job by a body shop is baked on like the factory's is. . . so they never quite look the same,

thats why im looking for a black 06 stang thats had the front or rear totaled and the passenger door is fine, that way i can take it and swap'em. . .

thats currently my only solution to get it back to perfection

Old 08-22-2006, 02:06 PM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

What color is your car?

You could try looking on ebay or buy a take-off one from Saleen or Roush.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:24 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your trouble. That sucks 4 real. Glad you seem to be ok. Well look at it this way, at least you will be getting a new Cobra with the lawsuit money!!! lol just kidding.

Also you never said how it happened? Was he drunk? On the phone? What did he say about it? Dude you left us hangin.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:41 PM
swensicle
2nd Gear Member

Sorry. The guys was a dork. Of course he tried to tell me there was no damage before I had even got out of my car. I think he was on the phone when it happened, but don't know for sure.

The reason I'm not going to be settling for anything less than perfect is because it will be under his insurance. Frankly, they have two options...they fix it to new or they fix it to new. I'll hopefully be hearing more from them today, but we'll see.