Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

essential mods to making the stang FEEL more like a true, raw, old school musclecar

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 01:36 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: essential mods to making the stang FEEL more like a true, raw, old school musclecar

ORIGINAL: doodad

simply trade it in to a old school and you are all set!
as soon as i get the chance, brother. as soon as i get the chance

my parents wouldn't let me get an old school car, even if i paid for it entirely.

as soon as they sign the stang over to me, if ever, im going and trading it in for a 69 camaro.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:42 AM
wakebord99
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: essential mods to making the stang FEEL more like a true, raw, old school musclecar

Honestly, your better off this way. Besides the safety aspects.. there's the improved performance (old school ran 14's or 15's in the 1/4 mile), ABS, Traction control, improved handling, looks (questionable depending on your taste), ammenities.

Oh and alittle thing they like to call reliability.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:17 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wakebord99

Honestly, your better off this way. Besides the safety aspects.. there's the improved performance (old school ran 14's or 15's in the 1/4 mile), ABS, Traction control, improved handling, looks (questionable depending on your taste), ammenities.

Oh and alittle thing they like to call reliability.

old school cars have character that new school cars just can't seem to capture.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:40 PM
cekim
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT
old school cars have character that new school cars just can't seem to capture.
If by "character" you mean horrifically bad handling, non-existant brakes and far less power than anyone remembered given the weight - then yes that is correct...

Don't get me wrong, I love old cars, but speaking as someone who drove a stang in FL for 8 years without A/C and loved every sweaty minute of it - I would squeal like a little girl for a chance to drive a real cobra around for a while, but day-to-day, I'd put the cobra in a garage and drive the stang most of the time so that I did not have to lean to the side, cook my feet on the headers and pick bugs out of my teeth...

Character is overrated...
Old 09-11-2006, 11:31 PM
Justastockmustang
2nd Gear Member

Sorry, I like old cars and just couldn't resist.

ORIGINAL: cekim

I would squeal like a little girl... and pick bugs out of my teeth.

Old 09-11-2006, 11:42 PM
Justastockmustang
2nd Gear Member

Seriously, I have owned and do own quite a few muscle cars, and the new mustangs remind me more of the muscle cars more than anything else I can think of. I think they sound, look, and feel the part mor than anything else. That's exactly why I bought one. They just need a little more torque to make up for the smaller cube engine.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:58 PM
cekim
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Justastockmustang
Sorry, I like old cars and just couldn't resist.
ORIGINAL: cekim
I would squeal like a little girl... and pick bugs out of my teeth.
Hey, if someone pulled up to my front door in a real Cobra (not a kit) and asked me if I could take it off their hands 'cause they just couldn't take it anymore...

I am not too proud to own a girlish squeal... (though I am not a squealer in general - I am prepared for that eventuality)

But it would still get packed up in the garage during the week and replaced by a stang for DD duty...
Old 09-12-2006, 12:03 AM
Justastockmustang
2nd Gear Member

With some boost the new Stangs are capable of causing a few squeals too!