Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

looking for BMR LCA install instructions.. anywhere?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 09:26 PM
Andys06GT
2nd Gear Member

Default looking for BMR LCA install instructions.. anywhere?

anyone know of instuctions for the TCA021 part nnumber? the website has some others listed, but id assume the directions are slightly different for the mustang, and the torque values would change. having trouble locating specific instructions. had em sitting here ,and finally gonna have time to install them this weekend. thank god... just need a little help. done it on older cars, but never with adjustables. i have the poly/rod combo.

Old 09-18-2006, 10:46 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Default RE: looking for BMR LCA install instructions.. anywhere?

Andy, didn't they come with instructions? My BMR's did. If not:

Raise the car and support it my the axle.
Remove the E brake cable using a large flat brade screwdriver, Slide off the reatining clip and the unhook it from the caliper.
Remove the stock LCA's using an 18mm wrench/socket, whatever.(Do ony one side at a time or the axle will shift)
Check the length of the adjustables by holding together the stock LCA's and the new ones with the bolts you just took out. The bolts should slide through both of them easily when held side by side in your hands or on the floor.

When the length is good just install them with the fatter side towards the rear of the car and torque to 130 ft/lbs.
Re-attach the Ebrake and zip-tie it to the LCA's.
You're done.

Oh, I've found if the axle shifts during installation youo can correct it by jacking up the car and repositioning jack stands under the axle with the a little off center in the direction you need the axle to go(usually toward the fron of the car). When you SLOWLY lower the car on tho the stand it forces the axle foward again, thus lining it up for you.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:06 PM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

K., guess we can't upload .doc files. I uploaded this "how to" to my gallery. Hope it helps... (Not my write up, but I used it to do mine)

http://www.2005stang.com/gallery/alb...%20install.doc
Old 09-20-2006, 01:18 PM
Andys06GT
2nd Gear Member

hey there drbobvs, thanks for the quick info. i appreciate it. did you remove your wheels? im thinking it might be easier, but if you dont have to, im not wasting my time.
thanks scramblr, those pictures will come in handy. makes it so much easier to figure out when you can see your stuff looking the same way.,

i appreciate it guys!

andy
Old 09-20-2006, 10:55 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Yes Andy, definitely remove the wheels, the time it takes to remove them is MUCH less than the extra time it would take you to do the job with them on.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:31 PM
Andys06GT
2nd Gear Member

hah, you were right. take off the wheels. it was an easy easy job. no problems. thanks for the help.