Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Starting the build any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 01:55 PM
smoke14me
2nd Gear Member

Default Starting the build any advice?

Well I am starting to build my mustang I allready have a C&L intake, superchips programmer, and Steeda Tri-Ax. Last night I bought the CHE Performance control arm pack with Delrin bushings, adjustable panhard bar, Drive Shaft with the Safety Loop, and Corsa Exhaust. Next Pay day I plan on building the Rear end with Mosler Axles , Trick Flow Diffirential Cover, FRPP 4.10 Gears, FRPP Gear installation kit, and Detroit Truetrac diff. My question is will this be a sufficient rear build for when I have my turbo installed in November, I am shooting for 500 RWHP daily driver and do not want to have reliability problems. I allready plan on getting a new T-56 from D&D in January so what else is missing from my drivetrain build up?
Old 09-25-2006, 02:17 PM
Claytone
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Starting the build any advice?

that should be fine for your rear end, but the main weak point as far as FI is concerned is your bottom end. There have been so many posts on here about how much a stock bottom end can handle safely, its somewhere between 400 and 450 rwhp. Anything over that is risky, unless you get forged internals. So I would recommend going that route if you want to push 500 rwhp safely.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:36 PM
smoke14me
2nd Gear Member

Well I know my bottom end wont hold up to long at those levels. I just hate droping the money on a new block becuase mine only has 1200 miles on it. I guess that I should because everything else is getting changed. I have been thinking of buying a iron cobra block from Sean Hyland Motors or maybe a new built aluminum block from DSS racing. My car will be mainly a daily driver with some drag and SCCA on the weekends.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:50 PM
Claytone
2nd Gear Member

hey if you plan on replacing it anyways, be a guinea pig for everyone here and see how far you can take the stock block. I don't think anyone has done this yet with a turbo setup. I for one, would so appreciate the input about it, as I want to go turbo as well.