Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Mufflers.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 05:12 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Default Mufflers.....

Hi everyone. Im looking to put some mufflers on my 06 GT to make it sound better.
I don't really wanna put any axle or cat backs on it yet because of price just some good sounding mufflers that will give me a deep yet clean sound.
I was wondering what is a good brand AND was wondering if I will lose any horsepower doing so. thanks.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:51 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Mufflers.....

I don't really wanna put any axle or cat backs on it

Its very possibe I could be wrong but mufflers are Axle backs. They go on from "the axel back" So I think you are out of luck. Someone else can confirm.

Good luck anyway.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:23 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

One thing to note is many of the muffler options for our cars have been specifically tuned for the rear mounting of the muffler since it doesn't have any tailpipe after the muffler. A pair of universal mufflers will probably cost you more to have installed in the long run since you can do axle backs yourself.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:50 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

I remember installing gettins some installed on my t-bird in high school for only like 200 bucks.. with install... no way those were cats or x cuz they were so cheap.. wtf were they then?
Old 10-04-2006, 01:04 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

Huh? Who started talking about cats?

Yes mufflers were probably much easier to change on your old t-bird due to location! Not to mention everything has gone UP in price since you were in HS.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:13 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Try going through our exhaust thread... you will learn about your options and some of the pricings.

https://mustangforums.com/m_934495/tm.htm

Speaking of that - - Just yesterday a guy at a stop light yelled out to me how good my car sounded... It makes you feel good when they do that because it means I picked the right setup!... helll yea!
Old 10-04-2006, 01:17 PM
xzo6
2nd Gear Member

[quote]

I was wondering what is a good brand AND was wondering if I will lose any horsepower doing so. thanks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't comment about the previos items in this thread,but if you're looking for suggestions(a good brand)I have "Ford Racing exhaust" which I have read on this website are actually Borla Stingers.Nice sound and Ford claims they make a few HP.I know everyone has their favorites.I like these.

Old 10-04-2006, 04:47 PM
Vcoat
3rd Gear Member

Just curious Professor! What exhaust setup are you running ?