Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

This is what a KB sounds like

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 02:23 AM
Justastockmustang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: This is what a KB sounds like

The KB is not really very loud, although I think they make more whistle at higher boost.

I do work at retirement communities,I gotta keep it quiet. They just don't seem to appreciate American muscle!
Old 10-05-2006, 02:30 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

I like the KB on the lightning better than the eaton... sounds like a scratched up record to me.. btw nice blower Just, but where did you get the 550 hp number from in the video?
Old 10-05-2006, 02:44 AM
Justastockmustang
2nd Gear Member

Crank HP, at 9psi, from KB's dyno results. I was just explaining to my kid how it changed from factory 300hp, which is crank.

The video wasn't supposed to be for public consumption. (clowns in video)

I'm going to dyno it after I get the water/meth and new pulley on. A friend has nightime access to a dyno at his work. Hoping for right at 500rwhp.

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

I like the KB on the lightning better than the eaton... sounds like a scratched up record to me.. btw nice blower Just, but where did you get the 550 hp number from in the video?
Old 10-05-2006, 02:50 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Justastockmustang

Crank HP, at 9psi, from KB's dyno results. I was just explaining to my kid how it changed from factory 300hp, which is crank.

The video wasn't supposed to be for public consumption. (clowns in video)

I'm going to dyno it after I get the water/meth and new pulley on. A friend has nightime access to a dyno at his work. Hoping for right at 500rwhp.

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Ah ok cool, make sure we get some dyno results! The KB was first choice on my list of SCs too, although I want the polished one (shiny things are nice)
Old 10-05-2006, 02:56 AM
Justastockmustang
2nd Gear Member

I just got a Raptor shift light I'm going to put on this weekend. I want to put it on top of the dash, just don't want holes or to look tacky.

With the blower 1st tops out so fast I cant really be looking at the tach, and hitting the limiter with the SC is NOT fun. I don't know how the guys with 4.10's and 4.30's do it! 1st must just be a blur!

I think the light will help.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:01 AM
Justastockmustang
2nd Gear Member

Doodad! That thing was at 18psi! I'm not man enough for that yet!

ORIGINAL: doodad

i couldnt hear the blower when u revved the engine man!! (not ttrying to be mean) here is how kenne bell sounds..

but i am sure once you grab the gears, that thing will scream like the video below

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...7fc44fe179.htm

and this is what i want but cant afford it
Old 10-05-2006, 03:15 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

with 500rwhp.. watch for your bottom end man..
Old 10-07-2006, 02:40 AM
Say When
3rd Gear Member

She sounds great. Not too loud. Tell me how long the install took and was it a pain to unravel the loom so you could relocate the TB sensors to the back of the motor??? Also, did KB forget any of the small items in the kit and did they provide the hand held with the 2 tunes in it?
Old 10-07-2006, 01:07 PM
BoidMorphs
3rd Gear Member

Don't worry about the bottom end. Running at that HP without a dynotune he'll be able to see everything blown out the bottom end soon enough. I hope you guys have a spare engine hanging around because you're gonna need it especially after the water/meth and new pulley are done.
ORIGINAL: doodad

with 500rwhp.. watch for your bottom end man..
Old 10-07-2006, 01:25 PM
03Cobra05GT
1st Gear Member

Hey guys I know I'm new here, but word of advice to the original poster....500rwhp on the stock motor is more then pushing it. I blew a couple rods right through my stock block at 473rwhp. I've done lots to my car, and still in the process of some things.
Call most places that have worked with the S-197 models, and they will tell you that around upwards of 425rwhp pistons become an issue, but anything above 450-475rwhp and rods are a huge problem. It wasn't a pretty site.

As far as the 4.10s yeah 1st gear is virtually non exsistent. But they are fun. Though now with the s/c I'm thinking about stepping it back down....not sure yet though cuz my motor is suck low compression the 4.10s seem to help down low.

Heres some pics of my stock motor that blew. It also messed up my heads.

Quick Reply: This is what a KB sounds like