Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Getting Heckled?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 05:58 PM
longunman01

Default RE: Getting Heckled?

i have gotten a number of thumbs up, and a few cross looks, mainly when i am really jumping on it.

I live in an area that has a lot of convertibles many i see with their tops up all the time. Many of the other convertibles are BMW's, Audi's, Volvo's and some Jags and a lot of Chryslers. I too looked at a used BMW 330i (okay, dont' get on me about this please), and i liked the ride and the refinement of the vehicle, but it didn't have the "guts" of the mustang or the mystique. These are just 2 of the reasons that i bought the Mustang. It was my way of being different. My wife drives it even though she really liked the BMW and the only bad thing she has to say is that she hates the "burble". I remind her that Ford spent some hugh amount of $ to perfect that sound.

My brother put it in a way that i hadn't thought of when i was deciding what to do...he said that when i was to go to a party in the Mustang, every guy there would be interested in talking about the Mustang convertible...no matter what they drive or their background. And he was right....we went to a picnic about a month ago, and i got more compliments from guys that can afford cars a lot more expensive. I took half a dozen out for a drive, and they loved being shoved back into their seats.

So i hold my head up high, i let the "burble" from the exhaust say everything. if you get someone yelling at you, if you have the room ahead of you, leave them in the dust!
Old 10-10-2006, 06:25 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

2 days ago some guy pulled up to me at a light and with a huge smile said "I can't wait to get my Dodge Challenger"...I said "That's cool...whenever you're ready...I'll be waiting right here for you!"

I've had the car for a little over a month and every day I get stopped & complimented. It's GREAT!!!
Old 10-11-2006, 06:17 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

While sometimes I wish I had just ordered my car with no paint, just primer, I still love seeing my GT. Even when I peeked out the window of the room at the Windmill Inn in the morning- there's just something about this car!
And I usually ignore any idiots who are trying to race me. I just wait until it's safe and pull away from them so fast that they get out of their still-moving car and tumble down the road, because I pulled away so fast that they thought they had stalled and got out to see what was wrong!

[IMG]local://upfiles/15212/459C7D02DBBE4880B642846C16E4FA44.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-20-2006, 03:34 AM
owero01
5th Gear Member

I get "nice car" all of the time. I travel the Northeast corridor a lot and haven't gotten a negative yet. I get challenged a lot by the small Japanese cars and some older Mustangs. I just give them a head start and then blow them away I live in Glen Burnie, MD and I think there are more mustangs per populus than in any other area in the country. I