Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Likes - Dislikes after 5K miles

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 06:51 PM
Haze28
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Likes - Dislikes after 5K miles

I just hit 1000 miles on the odometer and am still kinda babying it. The only thing that bothers me about my car is the throttle response, but from what everyone says the intake and tune will take care of that. Other than that, all the other little things that people don't like don't bother me at all.... Yet.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:58 PM
Gone2
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pitpup

I'll hit 5,000 miles this weekend. '07 GT and I love everything about the car. The only dislike... when I attach the seat belt, I have to roll over to the left to expose the bottom part. It could be a little higher up to help access. If I was overweight, I could see this as being my problem. But I'm of average build and I have to fidget to get the belt in. Oh yeah, one more thing. The reflection off the hood is distracting... (to the birds, maybe, lol)

Good lord thats a shiney hood!
Old 10-13-2006, 08:20 PM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

How did you get your car so shiny? Wax?
Looks damn good
Old 10-13-2006, 08:26 PM
steviewire

Only one month old and 1400 miles. Can agree with a lot of what has already been stated. Mine is stock GT premium

Likes: I love it and so do many others who stop and look or ask to take pictures when parked up, every where I go attracts interest.
I am in the UK so not many of these around.

Dislikes, probably niggles more than dislikes.
- throttle delay
- gas fill up
- Non retractable wing mirrors, our roads and parking spaces are generally smaller than in the US, so that could be a problem
- Stock gear shift, cumbersome from 2 to 3 especially if one has a drink in the cup holder. I have a Hurst on order which should solve that
- arial or antena to you guys, could have been designed better
- lack of locking petrol cap and release
- lack of boot/trunk release

But still love the car

Old 10-13-2006, 08:44 PM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

I love my car, but I have a question. Why is it so difficult to push the trunk button on the fob? I mean, technically, it's already in your hand or in the steering column and closer than going in the glovebox, yes? I just don't understand. I have 8,000 miles on mine and have used the trunk many times for groceries, speakers, cleaning stuff, etc and never had a problem. I just push the button. I just don't understand...

[&:]

- C

ps. not being mean or a smartass, I seriously don't get why people can't just push the button?
Old 10-13-2006, 09:06 PM
steviewire

ORIGINAL: myredgt

I love my car, but I have a question. Why is it so difficult to push the trunk button on the fob? I mean, technically, it's already in your hand or in the steering column and closer than going in the glovebox, yes? I just don't understand. I have 8,000 miles on mine and have used the trunk many times for groceries, speakers, cleaning stuff, etc and never had a problem. I just push the button. I just don't understand...
Yep agree with you there the answer is dangling in front of us, maybe because we are used to having a switch or leaver at the side of the seat but you are right. I have never had a car with the boot release on the key fob so matter of remembering it is there.

On a similar niggle, when going out as a family or two of us I just unlock once and forget to unlock the passanger door for the wife or kids, again the switch is there in my hand but I always forget. Maybe me thinking I should go out on my own.

As I said they are not dislikes they are niggles and I knew I was not getting home comforts of a prestige car like a merc or BM so I live with it, although some things like the throttle lag and shifter I will be eventually sorting out.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:17 PM
howyhowy
1st Gear Member

Why is it so difficult to push the trunk button on the fob?
I like using the FOB as opposed to having to reach over and pop the Glove box in my old 2002 GT. It used to **** me off that my 2002 GT's FOB release would not work if the key was in the ignition / car running.

I love the auto-up feature of these windows too.
-howy
Old 10-13-2006, 09:58 PM
Gone2
2nd Gear Member

- C

ps. not being mean or a smartass, I seriously don't get why people can't just push the button?

I hate key fobs and big fat sets of keys so dont carry one. I got the mustang slightly used and it only came with one fob that my wife carries. Thats why i need a lever/button. Carrying a key ring with fobs for all 4 of my vehicles would suck.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:28 AM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

Location: Raised in Chicago; living near St. Louis in Troy, IL

ORIGINAL: pitpup

I'll hit 5,000 miles this weekend. '07 GT and I love everything about the car. The only dislike... when I attach the seat belt, I have to roll over to the left to expose the bottom part. It could be a little higher up to help access. If I was overweight, I could see this as being my problem. But I'm of average build and I have to fidget to get the belt in. Oh yeah, one more thing. The reflection off the hood is distracting... (to the birds, maybe, lol)

Nice to know it's not just me that is bothered by that. I'm always concerned about hitting and scratching the plastic center console (and I have a few times) with the seat belt end because it's hard to find the female end, and I am thin at 6'1" and 180 lbs. Other than that, the only things that bother me about the car are (1) the throttle lag (plan to fix that with a C&L and SCT), (2) the location of the cup holders, and (3) the fact that there is very little storage (the so-called "mapholders" on the doors don't fit ANY maps, so they have to go in the glove box that sucks a$$!...and the coin holders don't HOLD the coins).

I have had ZERO problems with the gas filling problem, the lack of a trunk release is no biggie, and the unbelievably long antenna is...well...easily replaced with a shorty that I screwed in faster than tying my shoes. This is one fantastic car and I, like many people, get compliments all the time.

And by the way, my philosophy is that a black car doesn't get "dirty" any faster than a white or other light colored car. You park your white car next to mine and let's let 'em sit in the same spot for a week. I guarantee you your car has the same amount of crud on yours as mine does. Yes, it's more noticeable on my black car, BUT....I see that as a POSITIVE! It motivates me to wash her more often, whereas, those with light-colored cars are more likely NOT to wash their cars very often simply because it doesn't LOOK dirty. Ahhhh, but it is just as dirty as mine.

P.S. Pitpup -- I absolutely LOVE your car. What a beauty!!
Old 10-14-2006, 12:31 AM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

Location: Raised in Chicago; living near St. Louis in Troy, IL

- C

+1, ditto, etc... Doesn't seem a problem to me either.....well, that is unless the FOB ever fails to operate (like my wife's Subaru FOB has done a few times).

Quick Reply: Likes - Dislikes after 5K miles