Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

the mighty mustang GT vs. SNOW

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 06:38 AM
JGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: the mighty mustang GT vs. SNOW

I was out driving about in Chicago today, too. Just installed my Eagle Ultra Grip GW3s on Wednesday.

I didn't really have any problems. Roads were bad and icey as hell so, like anyone, I had to go slow, but the car felt as in control as any other car out there.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:24 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JGT

I was out driving about in Chicago today, too. Just installed my Eagle Ultra Grip GW3s on Wednesday.

I didn't really have any problems. Roads were bad and icey as hell so, like anyone, I had to go slow, but the car felt as in control as any other car out there.

Nice, thats what I run in the winter. Tires are awesome
Old 12-02-2006, 03:45 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

You will be fine.. even with stock tires. Just put a lot of weight in the trunk... find a parking lot.. and learn a little about how the car reacts to snow. I just drove my car in a freaking ice storm (Saint Louis).. and the car is fine. No different than any other rwd car. Just learn to drive it appropriately and you will be fine. Disregard the whiners... you should be ok.. you will just have to adapt.
Some people are good all weather drivers... some are not. If you have trouble driving in the rain... then you probably are not fit for all weather driving. Find out if you are.. and make your decision about your car based on that.

M.

ORIGINAL: imyy4u

ORIGINAL: WhiteStallion06

You have a better chance of beating a ford gt in your stock mustang gt then beating the snow....

Take a bus or quit your job so you dont have to drive in it...
i can tell this advice comes from someone with a p.h.d...yeah, quit my job and lose my car, or take a bus (which rarely run outside the city) the 40 miles to my job. what a great idea...why didn't i think of that? wow...

anyway, i found out studded tires are illegal, as are chains. not like i have the money to buy winter tires. oh well, i guess i am going to have to pray that the plows hit the streets on snowy days before i do...otherwise i'm s.o.l. my job (IT consultant) requires tons of driving to our customers and in retrospect a mustang GT is probably not the best car for a chicago winter.

oh well i think i'm gonna pray for good plowing and/or light snow this winter...