Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

TSB Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 11:53 PM
Heavyg72
3rd Gear Member

Default TSB Question

I have an 06 GT and yesterday while driving in a parking lot I noticed a sound coming from the rear while making turns. Going straight I here nothing. After searching the forum I noticed a TSB for 05 Mustangs that outlined this problem. Since this is listed under an 05 is it possible that I could be running into the same issue with my 06? Has anyone experienced this with their 06? Also, if I do take it in do you think they will give me any trouble with my mods....CAI w/Tune and 3.73 gears?

Thanks!!!!
Old 10-25-2006, 02:12 AM
itsafordthing2
1st Gear Member

Default RE: TSB Question

i just had mine in 2 weeks ago(for the rear end), its an o6 i took the tune and intake off...... about the gears, i dont know.... i would say problee not. they are gonna count the teeth and what not to get the ratio
Old 10-25-2006, 03:29 AM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

It happens with 05 & 06. Had mine replaced a few months ago. As for gears, I'm not sure. Kinda depends on the dealer I would guess. Some service people are far from cool.

Good luck.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:05 AM
Heavyg72
3rd Gear Member

Thanks! flewbyu...did they give you any troubles with your mods? Nice looking Stang by the way!!!
Old 10-25-2006, 11:38 AM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Heavy--Thanks! I happen to have one of those dealers that are cool. I drive past 2 other dealers closer to my house to go to them for my car care, that is also where I purchased my car. They dont bother me about my mods. They know how **** I am about it and know I would not let any ole flake touch it. They can do math and see how much money I have put into it so I guess they figure all my installs are done top notch? Who knows dude? I'm just happy about it.

Give some random dealers a call in your area and tell the service guy you are thinking about buying a stang and wanted to modd it up afterwards but wanted to make sure Ford would not give you any problems afterwards. If he starts curssing at you about about not letting anyone touch your car and calling you a bastard for thinking about it then I think you may have trouble lol! On the other hand he may just talk to you about his thoughts and give you some feedback on what is cool or not?

Gotta feel them out dude.

Goos luck.

Old 10-25-2006, 06:30 PM
Heavyg72
3rd Gear Member

I stopped by the dealership I purchased the car from today during lunch and explained to them problems I'm having and the fact that I found the TSB's related to both. The gentleman was nice but was completely unaware of the TSB but said that I can bring it in and they will take a look at it. I didn't tell him about my mod's and I'm thinking of taking it in and just see if they will fix the TSB issues. Thoughts? Is that a good idea or should I just be honest and tell them?
Old 10-25-2006, 08:51 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

I stopped by the dealership I purchased the car from today during lunch and explained to them problems I'm having and the fact that I found the TSB's related to both. The gentleman was nice but was completely unaware of the TSB but said that I can bring it in and they will take a look at it. I didn't tell him about my mod's and I'm thinking of taking it in and just see if they will fix the TSB issues. Thoughts? Is that a good idea or should I just be honest and tell them?
You will hear many different things about a TSB and how to handle them. Personally I walked in with mine in my hand I said exactly this. " I am hearing a moaning sound when I make a slow uturn, its just started but is getting louder and now I can hear it when I make a sharp turn as well. I did some checking and this is what I found, (handed him TSB) He (service advisor) read it infront of me and said " sound like it to me" I grabbed a loaner and was out. They called me 3 hours later and said my car was complete. They had put 2 miles on my odom. ( Always a good idea to know how many miles you have when you drop off by the way) No issues no problems afterwards or during and none of that bull about having to recreate the problem. (It happened after a highway cruise, can you imagine some tech on the highway with your car??? yeah right!!!)

However I have read here on MF that guys have went to dealers with a TSB and the service guy was like "we gotta keep your car for a few days to try an reproduce the problem" So you never know how they will act like I said in the begining.

You said above "TSB related to both" what both? As far as being honest, I never have a problem with being direct and honest. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. I say try, if you have a problem you can always try another dealer right? I
I dont know what else to tell you to help??

I think if you went to the trouble to go and talk to them about your car (you spoke with a service advisor? or salesman?) You should have mentioned the mods. IMO

I hope it works out...
Old 10-25-2006, 11:24 PM
Heavyg72
3rd Gear Member

Thanks again. I agree, I'll be honest with them and if I'm not happy I'll find another dealership to work with. As far as both issues...sorry I forgot to mention I experienced the hesitation after a long cruise and noticed there was a TSB for that one as well. Thanks for the information....greatly appreciated.

Old 10-26-2006, 12:24 AM
CTE
1st Gear Member

I've got the same problem with my 06. Where can I get a copy of the TSBs?

Thanks in advance.

CTE aka Scubadog
Old 10-26-2006, 01:00 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Anytime man. I just wanna see another fellow stang back running right so I can have another brother whooping up on some 350z's! LOL

CTE-
I've got the same problem with my 06. Where can I get a copy of the TSBs?

Thanks in advance.

CTE aka Scubadog
Per your request CTE .
Hesitation
Groan

Quick Reply: TSB Question