Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

American Racing Headers

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 02:48 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

Default American Racing Headers

Anyone know where to get these at the best price.
So far best I have found is $1190 for the 1.75" headers and off road X pipe plus shipping.

Ordering Direct from ARH they wanted $1270 for them, I was hoping to find them for $1200 shipped.
Doing a google search is hard to find shops that carry them and the new website they put up does not list who sells them. I guess they like dealing direct instead of paying the middle man a fee.

LM performance a site sponsor has them but they sell for the same price as getting them direct. [>:]

I have been told by a bunch of people to buy these headers, but I do not think they are worth me spending more then 1200 on them. When I can get the cooks for less and teh SW for much less. So I figure I will give it one more week to find them for 1200 or less and if not by then buy a diffrent brand
Old 11-04-2006, 03:23 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Default RE: American Racing Headers

We can match or beat any of those prices so give us a call Monday and we'll sort you out. Jared@Lethal

ORIGINAL: vsop

Anyone know where to get these at the best price.
So far best I have found is $1190 for the 1.75" headers and off road X pipe plus shipping.

Ordering Direct from ARH they wanted $1270 for them, I was hoping to find them for $1200 shipped.
Doing a google search is hard to find shops that carry them and the new website they put up does not list who sells them. I guess they like dealing direct instead of paying the middle man a fee.

LM performance a site sponsor has them but they sell for the same price as getting them direct. [>:]

I have been told by a bunch of people to buy these headers, but I do not think they are worth me spending more then 1200 on them. When I can get the cooks for less and teh SW for much less. So I figure I will give it one more week to find them for 1200 or less and if not by then buy a diffrent brand
Old 11-04-2006, 03:26 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

I'll call you guys on monday then..
Old 11-04-2006, 10:28 PM
BoidMorphs
3rd Gear Member

It's to bad $70 is going to make or break your deal but I hope you're happy with whatever you decide to go with. I love my ARH catted system.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:36 AM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BoidMorphs

It's to bad $70 is going to make or break your deal but I hope you're happy with whatever you decide to go with. I love my ARH catted system.

I have to set price limits for myself otherwise I go crazy with my spending. I have over $5K in a 70" RC Boat and still need to find time to finish it.
The real killer is what its going to cost to install the headers, I love to do the installs myself but I'm not allowed to work on my car at my new complex, so ontop of the $1200 I'll have to pay $400-450 for the install, plus another $60 for locking header bolts.

So the headers are going to cost me about $1700 installed, I'm also going to install FRPP CMCV Delete plates, UD Pullies and probably a zoomers exhaust then have it tuned on the Dyno at VMP Tuning.

I'm just trying to keep the cost down as much as possible, I look at the $70-80 more as what I am going to buy the FRPP Delete plates with. If you start looking at things in that what you could buy with what you can save it adds up. If out of the $3300 I will have spent already modding the car I saved $400 then that money saved would allow me to buy DR's for my rears or the custom dynotune for my car. By limiting myself from spending the extra 50-100 on each mod I buy after 10-15 mods it adds up to a good amount of money and the performance is not much diffrent then if I had spent the extra $1500 for the more expensive parts. I think you can see where I am coming from.

I won't buy a crappy product or one that is not comprable to save money, but I also won't pay a premium just to say I have the best.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:21 PM
retfr8flyr
3rd Gear Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: vsop

ORIGINAL: BoidMorphs

The real killer is what its going to cost to install the headers, I love to do the installs myself but I'm not allowed to work on my car at my new complex, so ontop of the $1200 I'll have to pay $400-450 for the install, plus another $60 for locking header bolts.

If you can find someone to install long tube headers for that price you should jump on it. Most places will not quote a price on header install they will just charge time involved, which on LT is about 6 hrs if the mechanic knows what he is doing and doesn’t run into any problems. When I had mine installed one of the stock studs, naturally the one that was impossible to reach, would not come out and it took him almost an hour just to get that one stud out.

Earl

Old 11-05-2006, 09:49 PM
BoidMorphs
3rd Gear Member

My mechanic installed my long tube headers + X pipe, prothane motor mounts, an adjustable panhard bar complete with relocation bracket, new rear end cover, and changed the gear oil (I supplied all parts plus Royal Purple oil) all for just $200! I expected the tab to be at least double that so I threw him a $25 tip that he really didn't even want to accept. Can't say enough about him. He's a master mechanic at a Toyota dealership and is the President of a NH Mustang club. Anytime I need work Rick Lacourse is the go to man.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:50 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

The guys that I got the price from work on Mustangs all day and all night. That is all they do.
He was even cool enough to let me know that with alot of LTs they have to charge $200 more to do clutch work because of the LTs getting in the way.

Old 11-06-2006, 12:32 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

Well the Headers have been ordered. I have to say the guys at Lethal Performance rock.
I'm waiting for a response on the zoomer exhaust and the FRPP Delete plates should be in stock shortly from where I am getting them from.

Only think I have to think about is the UD Pullies. I guess its easy enough to swap it back to stock when I do bolt a SCer on down the road, and can just sell them used.