Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

BBK TB anyone dyno one..?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 12:43 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

Default BBK TB anyone dyno one..?

Well The Headers have been ordered. Went with the ARH 1 & 3/4th Primaries and O/R X pipe.
Delete Plates will be ordered once back in stock.
Probably ordering the Zoomers axel back Exhaust today or tomorrow.
Still making up my mind on the UD Pullies (Will be going S/Ced down the road and would have to remove and sell then, Maybe I can find one for $150-$160 or a used one)

So the only bolt on HP mod that is really left is the TB. I have heard some bad things about the units that came out form GMS and the other one. Now BBK has a pretty good record with the TB's they have releasd in the past. My question is, does it actually provide any gains.. or did they just come out with it because the buy any mod available group wanted it.

Once the above mods are in I figure the engine will be breathing better and don't know if the larger TB would help at all.

Next up is suspension mods including tubular K member, then in a few months I'll get up the nerve to void my drivetrain warranty with stage 2 heads and cam. So it would probably help for sure with the heads/cams but don't want to buy it now if its only going to add 1hp on the top end.

Old 11-06-2006, 01:34 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Default RE: BBK TB anyone dyno one..?

According to Brenspeed,

The larger diameter throttle bodies (any brand) are worthless for HP on most engines. However, if you already have other high-flow mods so that you're moving a lot more air through the engine, THEN they become useful. I wouldn't even consider a TB unless you already had longtubes and ported heads or cams.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:44 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: BBK TB anyone dyno one..?

Maybr brenspeed ws talking about motors that have large TBs stock. As Larger TB's can give you plenty of HP if your TB is the restriction on your intake flow, . The question is what does the stock TB flow, what does the Aftermarket ones flow and then need to know what are engines require flow wise. From the huge HP gains seen by adding the CAI and LT headers on our engines its safe to say that they are breathing alot better with those mods then stock. the CMCV deletes help out alot on the top end, so I just wanted to know if anyone has done the flow calculations or actually had one on the dyno with a moddd car.

Everyone that I know that has a TB installed or is installing one just has CAI, and they just listen to the marketing. I'm not that stupid I know that you will not get 8hp on a car with just a CAI by adding the TB.