Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

THROTTLE RESPONSE

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 09:12 PM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: THROTTLE RESPONSE

if you lived near me i'd hand you the keys [8D]
Old 12-03-2006, 09:26 PM
06SSGT
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rupp

ORIGINAL: 06SSGT
I'd tell you which one is the best but this website won't let me.
Sure it will if you know how
B a m a chips.com
That's it. Doug is the best.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:14 PM
zcat
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to computer assisted throttle action, the good news is, as has been noted it can be be tuned to match your expectations. Brake, throttle - whats next - Computer assistd steering
Old 12-03-2006, 11:42 PM
GTJUNKIE
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for all the help Im gonna get a tuner from brennspeed but should I wait to tune after I do the exhaust and the cold air intake.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:48 PM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GTJUNKIE

Thanks for all the help Im gonna get a tuner from brennspeed but should I wait to tune after I do the exhaust and the cold air intake.
yes. just let brent know what you have and he'll custom tune it for you.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:51 PM
GTJUNKIE
2nd Gear Member

SWEET
Old 12-04-2006, 12:01 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bmwdavid

I had asked a similar question a few days ago. I had just demo driven a 6 speed GT and was very disapointed with the car as far as engine response. Just totally a flat throttle. I was all set to buy/order a GT but after driving it...no way.

I can't believe that Ford would sell the car this way. All other new cars I've driven recently (GM-Corvette, Porsche-911, BMW-335, and so forth) had wonderful throttle response. In fact all of these cars felt as if the gas pedal was directly connected to the engine-no lag at all.

I would still consider a GT for my "toy" collection but would need to drive a car with the throttle response "fixed" to see what Ford has in the GT-Mustang.

I just saw a write up about the up coming Boss 302 with the new 5.0L Hurricane engine. Sounds great-it better have some throttle response from the factory.

David
Where exactly did you test drive a 6 speed Mustang GT? The only Mustang that is a 6 speed is the GT500. And if youre test driving all these high end cars that cost much more than a Mustang GT, youd think you could afford 300 bucks to buy a tuner and change the throttle response a bit. And some of those cars dont have throttle by wire so no doubt they have faster throttle response, its all mechanical.

Keep in mind when youre looking at cars that the Mustang isnt made strictly for a performance enthusiast like those other cars are. Mustangs are made to appeal to a wide audience of people, while providing the performance minded with a nice platform to build on.

If modding a car isnt your thing and youre looking for out of the factory performance then the Mustang probably isnt for you. But if youre looking for a good platform to build a nice, fast car that can rip holes through most anything else on the street, then get a Stang. Surprisingly, not alot of people like to walk up to a dealer, hand over a check and walk out with their "hot rod"; alot of us actually like the "building" and "evolving" of our cars much more than just saying that they have a fast car. Any rich fob can walk up and buy a stock vette with 500 hp, but its alot more enjoyable (to most) to actually take the time to build and personalize their machine.

And to GTJUNKIE, a tuner will fix it right up. Like others said, there are a few forum sponsors that can hook you up nicely. Some have package deals where you can get a CAI+tuner, but most sell them seperately as well. I chose Brenspeed and got the C&L + SCT and couldnt be happier. If you plan on getting a CAI soon, just wait it out and get the package deal. It wont hurt you to get the tuner now, and then CAI later, just probably cost a bit more.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:24 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

he just means manual. most people are used to saying "6-speed" when referring to manual.

yea im shocked that ford would have the ***** to sell a car like this. its terrible. my CAI/tune comes in tommorow and i hope to god it fixes it. if it doesn't, im selling the car..........tommorow. trading it in to carmax for a black Mach1. the car is no fun, and even difficult to drive with the stock throttle response. try this: accelerate normally into first, shift into second at 3.5, then roll onto the throttle quickly. waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, 5.5K......almost to full throttle............and its time to shift.

went i first got the car, i was showing it off to some friends, so im like "its really got a lot of power" and i floor it in 1st after letting the clutch out all the way at about 10 mph. the car lagged so bad. they're like "ummmm.......its really slow."

sure, u can trick it into going WOT sometimes, but whats the fun in that?

for me, the essence of a musclecar is the throttle response, the torque, the press you back in your seat feel, and the noise. i've been horribly let down by one of those things.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:16 AM
sst06vert
2nd Gear Member

save your money. someone here said that tune doesn't change the throttle lag.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:19 AM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sst06vert

save your money. someone here said that tune doesn't change the throttle lag.

LOL! AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!

if you don't know then don't contribute. i have the tune and throttle lag is gone.

Quick Reply: THROTTLE RESPONSE