Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

THROTTLE RESPONSE

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 12:32 PM
GTJUNKIE
2nd Gear Member

Default THROTTLE RESPONSE

I have an 07 GT just bought and I have noticed a delay in the response. I would like to crisp it up but need some ideas. I have looked at throttle bodies, spacers,air intakes and exhausts. The exhaust and the air intake will be on this weekend but I dont feel that will be enough to get the response where I want it.ANY IDEAS
Old 12-03-2006, 12:39 PM
06SSGT
1st Gear Member

Default RE: THROTTLE RESPONSE

The only way to get rid of the delay is a tune. Get an Xcal-2 from one of the reputable tuners. I'd tell you which one is the best but this website won't let me.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:21 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

TUNE IT. intake/tune=best way to get rid of that there lag.

SCT 2 + JLT 2 combo from brenspeed= teh winar.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:40 PM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

TUNE IT. intake/tune=best way to get rid of that there lag.

SCT 2 + JLT 2 combo from brenspeed= teh winar.
+1 for the tune. you can't really go wrong with the TI, C&L, or JLT CAI's on brenspeeds site. the tune is the most important part, though. totally changed my car for the better.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:59 PM
itsafordthing2
1st Gear Member

+32 brenspeed
Old 12-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06SSGT
I'd tell you which one is the best but this website won't let me.
Sure it will if you know how
B a m a chips.com
Old 12-03-2006, 06:23 PM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rupp

ORIGINAL: 06SSGT
I'd tell you which one is the best but this website won't let me.
Sure it will if you know how
B a m a chips.com
LOL...Beat me to it!!! Go with either Brenspeed or B a m achips, I run them both and they are top notch in service and tunes.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:33 PM
bmwdavid

I had asked a similar question a few days ago. I had just demo driven a 6 speed GT and was very disapointed with the car as far as engine response. Just totally a flat throttle. I was all set to buy/order a GT but after driving it...no way.

I can't believe that Ford would sell the car this way. All other new cars I've driven recently (GM-Corvette, Porsche-911, BMW-335, and so forth) had wonderful throttle response. In fact all of these cars felt as if the gas pedal was directly connected to the engine-no lag at all.

I would still consider a GT for my "toy" collection but would need to drive a car with the throttle response "fixed" to see what Ford has in the GT-Mustang.

I just saw a write up about the up coming Boss 302 with the new 5.0L Hurricane engine. Sounds great-it better have some throttle response from the factory.

David
Old 12-03-2006, 08:53 PM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bmwdavid

I had asked a similar question a few days ago. I had just demo driven a 6 speed GT and was very disapointed with the car as far as engine response. Just totally a flat throttle. I was all set to buy/order a GT but after driving it...no way.

I can't believe that Ford would sell the car this way. All other new cars I've driven recently (GM-Corvette, Porsche-911, BMW-335, and so forth) had wonderful throttle response. In fact all of these cars felt as if the gas pedal was directly connected to the engine-no lag at all.

I would still consider a GT for my "toy" collection but would need to drive a car with the throttle response "fixed" to see what Ford has in the GT-Mustang.

I just saw a write up about the up coming Boss 302 with the new 5.0L Hurricane engine. Sounds great-it better have some throttle response from the factory.

David

well i can tell you that there's maximum throttle response with the tune. i barely touch the gas pedal and i am gone.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:08 PM
bmwdavid

Well, I believe you. I just would like to drive a GT with a tune so I can judge for myself what the car feels like when running correctly.

David

Quick Reply: THROTTLE RESPONSE