Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

exhaust for gt cs

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 03:17 PM
Vic gtcs

Default exhaust for gt cs

Help I'm new to the forum, and I need a few tips on what exhaust to chose. I have recently purchased a pypes offroad x-pipe w/o cats and motoblue R/S series mufflers. Well it was too loud to even think while driving. I removed the mufflers, but it still makes a loud high pitch sound with the stock mufflers. I want to know what should I do remove the x-pipe, or get better mufflers. I want to achive a loud but deep sound, and gain horsepower. Any suggestions you guys??
Old 12-26-2006, 04:28 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

Default RE: exhaust for gt cs

ORIGINAL: Vic gtcs

Help I'm new to the forum, and I need a few tips on what exhaust to chose. I have recently purchased a pypes offroad x-pipe w/o cats and motoblue R/S series mufflers. Well it was too loud to even think while driving. I removed the mufflers, but it still makes a loud high pitch sound with the stock mufflers. I want to know what should I do remove the x-pipe, or get better mufflers. I want to achive a loud but deep sound, and gain horsepower. Any suggestions you guys??

Buy an LS2? Seriously Vic, the small displacement of our motors and rear placement of the mufflers tends to make for higher frequency exhaust tones. The main problem is noise level vs. tone. Put your stock catted H-pipe back on and install JBA EVOL or Flowmaster axlebacks for the lowest Americantone, they soundlouder but are still usable fordaily driven cars. You can alsouse the big rectangleBorla or Bassani rear mufflers but be forewarned that these tend to give youasmoother more european sounding exhaust. Also stay away fromX-pipe design catted or not if you want tokeep the classic American sound lower, slower almost lazysounding exhaust note that classisc H-pipe crossovers make. If you don't have a big block the H-pipewill bekey to keeping that American muscle car sound. If the stock system was a little bit louder I would have not messed with it at all as it reallysounds like aclassicMustang V-8 right from the factory.

HTH

Old 12-26-2006, 06:41 PM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

If you want it to not be so loud ... you gotta remove the offroad pipe and add a hi flow ... the hi flow x pipe will give you a little more hp but not a ton ... if you want to get sig. gains with your exhaust system add the long tubes then the rest is basically sound preference .... if you want a deep throaty sound go with magnaflows or flowmaster something like that .... just listen to clips but your off road pipe is what is giving you that loud raspy sound ..

xpipe - more flow raspy sound
hpipe -less flow than x but deeper throaty sound
Old 12-26-2006, 07:10 PM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

Im running an O/R x-pipe with slp style mufflers. With so much piping to resinate in the mid section ,I had to add 2 small resinators before the rear axle. Kind of where the mufflers have always been on stangs. It sounds amazing now. No more raspiness.