Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

NEW DRIVESHAFT ORDERED TODAY!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 07:08 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: NEW DRIVESHAFT ORDERED TODAY!

Oh, i'm not saying you are making that much, but somebody is definately making some coin. I'll wait for Ford racing to come out with their own shaft.

ORIGINAL: Boostaddict

I wish we made $300 profit on these.. LOL

I'd be driving a new Shelby if we did. However I'm still driving the good ole 03 Cobra.. Have a happy new year. Jared@Lethal

ORIGINAL: moosestang

I wish ya'll would stop paying $700 for a driveshaft, then these things would come down in price, but congrats on your new shaft all the same.

If they aren't making atleast $300 profit on each shaft i'd be very surprised.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:28 AM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

I'd be driving a new Shelby if we did. However I'm still driving the good ole 03 Cobra.. Have a happy new year. Jared@Lethal

I wish ya'll would stop paying $700 for a driveshaft, then these things would come down in price, but congrats on your new shaft all the same.

Oh you pooor person
I'd be happy to take it off your hands if you wanted...

How much lighter will the 3.5' be than the 4'?
Old 12-30-2006, 11:21 AM
saltzy
2nd Gear Member

Oh, i'm not saying you are making that much, but somebody is definately making some coin. I'll wait for Ford racing to come out with their own shaft.
Yeah, that'll definitely be cheaper! LOL.

What's the premium again they're charging for stamping Ford Racing on the tips of the Stinger exhausts?

Seriously, I am, like you, waiting on the supply/demand curve to flatten a little. Seems like a great modification, but just too much dough at this point.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:55 PM
06hoss
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CrazyAl

I still think there is something funny going on here. I have the Powerhouse driveshaft (full 4" OD), and the rear end of my car is lowered with Roush Springs. I have ZERO clearance problems, even with four adults in the car.

To say that a 4" driveshaft has clearance problems is false advertising, IMHO. I belive that if someone is having clunking going on with a 4" shaft, then something is not set up right. I do know that if your pinion angle is wrong, you will get clunking. Perhaps that is the real issue. I know many people that have not bothered to reset their pinion angle after switching to the 1 pc shaft....
I've read postspeople where guys have actually had the one piece 4" diameter shafts contact the floor pan so it does happen. It's not clunking from the rear end, it's actual contact with the floor pan. You usually hear about it from guys that are drag racing. You probablyhave a better set of lowering springs in your car than some of the other guys that it's happened to.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:56 PM
06hoss
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KTownGT

Oh you pooor person

I don't know the weight yet...I'm guessing only a couple of pounds. I'll weigh it when I get it and let you guys know.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:17 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06hoss
I've read postspeople where guys have actually had the one piece 4" diameter shafts contact the floor pan so it does happen. It's not clunking from the rear end, it's actual contact with the floor pan. You usually hear about it from guys that are drag racing. You probablyhave a better set of lowering springs in your car than some of the other guys that it's happened to.
You may be right. I just wanted to make it clear that the 4" shafts don't always strike the floorpan. In my opinion, if there is hitting going on, then something is not set up correctly. I know several guys with the Powerhouse or Spyder's shaft, and none of them have had any problems.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:15 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Hey, the ford racing stingers are cheaper than the borla stingers so you pay less for the ford name than Borla. You can get a one piece ford racingshaft for $289 if you have an 04 mustang. 05+ will list at $389, i can see it now.

ORIGINAL: saltzy

Yeah, that'll definitely be cheaper! LOL.

What's the premium again they're charging for stamping Ford Racing on the tips of the Stinger exhausts?

Seriously, I am, like you, waiting on the supply/demand curve to flatten a little. Seems like a great modification, but just too much dough at this point.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:58 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

I'm not 100% sure about the current weight of the 4" shaft but Frank@DSS said the 3.5" will weight about 16lbs. We'll weigh them as soon as we get our first batch. Jared@Lethal

ORIGINAL: KTownGT

Oh you pooor person

Old 12-30-2006, 10:11 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

The stock shaft weighs 43lbs, right?
Old 12-30-2006, 10:50 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Stock is 48, the Powerhouse is 18, according to my scale.