Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

sick of this fuc king bullsh!it; need to sell car...HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 09:44 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Default RE: sick of this fuc king bullsh!it; need to sell car...HELP

Does it do it with the stock tune also? If so it's obviously not the tune, probably better to look at the TB sensors, charge motion control vavles, etc.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:10 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

when you floor it, is the car screams but goes nowhere? or it is just throtle lag (bogging? ) if it screams but goes nowhere, then it has to be clutch.. you should be able to smeel right that sec when your clutch slips that much, if it just just throttle lag, then i say somethingelse is wrong and i cannot tell what it is (maybe needs a good tune).. you can simply take the car to a mechanic or dealer and let them check it.. or, go drive another GT and see if it is the same (mine doesn't do that and i am stock) if the other GT does not do the same thing, then get your car fixed, do not sell it. if all the GTs are that way to you, then that is not the right car for you and have fun with LS1.. GT is better car but LS1 is the best small block and a lot better engine that 3v.IMO.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:10 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

im starting to think more and more that i may have inadvertently had the traction control on. im positive i shut it off; im OCD about that. but maybe its possible i somehow forgot to. it didn't even feel like when the TC kicks in.

it feels like the lag when i didn't have a tune almost. it does it at random times; usually in 2nd gear.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:13 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

im starting to think more and more that i may have inadvertently had the traction control on. im positive i shut it off; im OCD about that. but maybe its possible i somehow forgot to. it didn't even feel like when the TC kicks in.

it feels like the lag when i didn't have a tune almost. it does it at random times; usually in 2nd gear.
Have fun getting raped on the price when you go to sell it...

Take it into a mechanic, I am stock, and do not have that problem...
Old 01-23-2007, 10:21 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Variable timing issue in the tune? I dunno I m tossing out ideas that havent been mentioned.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:26 PM
markrey1
1st Gear Member

i am a auto mine started when i put the cai on been talking to the tuner people the sent me one tune it help but the are going to write one with for cai that i have to see if that helps i will kept u posted
Old 01-23-2007, 10:36 PM
Riven02
4th Gear Member

I am not sure I know what exactly the problem is.

Is it throttle lag? You push the gas nothing happens for a little while then goes.

Is it just doggy? You push the gas the tone changes the rpms and speed slowly increase.

Is the clutch slipping? You push the gas the RPMs raise fast but the speed raise slow.

It is possible the tires are spinning? I know this sounds like it would be obvious but it isnt always. Somtimes the tires will spin very slightly and the result is a terrible SOTP feeling and bad track times. It doesnt always squeal and it doesnt slide sideways or anything. I dont mean roasting them just a constant slight slip.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:38 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Does sound likea clutch issue, but, have you contacted Brent yet, calmly explained the symtomology to him, and asked his opinion? If he feels it's in the tune, he can E Mail you an update......

When you reloaded the tune, and it seemed ok, did you reload the same tune, i.e. the 93?

Mike

Old 01-23-2007, 11:02 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

Does sound likea clutch issue, but, have you contacted Brent yet, calmly explained the symtomology to him, and asked his opinion? If he feels it's in the tune, he can E Mail you an update......

When you reloaded the tune, and it seemed ok, did you reload the same tune, i.e. the 93?

Mike

yes; 93 octane tune as always.

riven02, it seems like throttle lag or dogginess.

im positive its not a slippy clutch. i know exactly what a slippy clutch feels like, and this isn't it.

i'm going to do some testing tommorow. under all conditions; attempt to replicate all possible scenarios safely. i need to get to the bottom of this.

Old 01-23-2007, 11:35 PM
gconnsr
2nd Gear Member

In your first post, you said the rpm went from 3200 to 5800 before the car kicked in. The engine is doing what it should, the clutch is slipping. It's really just that simple. It sounds like you are very hard on your car (it does this at least once a day) When you drive the **** out of a car, **** breaks! If you can't pay, don't play. Good luck with your new Camaro, I've had many. Mustangs and Camaros are both good cars. I'm sure you will be just as unhappy. What comes after that? Rice? That **** breaks too!

Quick Reply: sick of this fuc king bullsh!it; need to sell car...HELP