Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

CMCP deletes plates

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Haze28
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: CMCP deletes plates

In the time it took you to start a new post, call someone an *** for giving you the ever so helpful tipof trying the search option, you could have done a search and had your answers.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:15 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Riven02

The problem is the same people have to type the same thing over and over. Would you rather your thread just get ignored? It is damn rediculous that people can not search and expect somone to type the same thing over and over everyday. Searching is not hard it is quicker than making a new thread. To think somone is an *** to recomend a search while you expect somone to retypes pages of information just so you dont have to press the seach button is stupid.

+1 to that. there were at least 8 recent threads about this.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:13 PM
Norse1974
3rd Gear Member

Im with most everyone else here.Try a search first before asking.I learned this with my first thread about "weight reduction".I actually did'nt know there was a search button but damn straight I was told about it!And Im glad they did!No sense in wasting thread space with a beaten corpse horse question.....
Old 01-28-2007, 11:04 PM
FirePower
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Norse1974

Im with most everyone else here.Try a search first before asking.I learned this with my first thread about "weight reduction".I actually did'nt know there was a search button but damn straight I was told about it!And Im glad they did!No sense in wasting thread space with a beaten corpse horse question.....
People ask partly because they want an answer and partly because they want to talk about it, so they really don't appreciate the aggression. I belong to some online programming communities thatdo not tolerate antagonism or arrogance. If a referral to google or site search is recommended, quote the search term that should be used. More importantly, quote your favorite source/site/thread for the information requested, because you may help reinforce or confirm info already covered by the person asking the question. If they wanted to do research they wouldn't be at a public forum trying to pick the brains of people who they mayconsider to be experts. Sometimes, people just want to BS about stuff. Sometimes they are suffering from information overload in a search and they are looking for direction. How would you feel if you pulled over to a gas station and asked the attendant for directions and he said, "You know, buddy, there are maps right there, if you're lookin for someplace, get a map. I'm tired of giving directions to people who can't take the time to read a map, OK?"

Anyway, being a smartass on the forums is funny sometimes, but noobs get their feelings hurt and it could beultimately bad for the community. Some people will just say fug-you and go to another forum. Since this particular site obtains it's revenue solely from the participation of forum members (as opposed to a news/media model) IMO people should be try to be nice, especially in the tech sections. www.asp.net , as the example of a successful online community, has a bazillion members and lots of traffic, and I never see people getting bashed there. Although there are literally millions of hobbyists and all sorts of personalities in the programming industry, some semblance of professionalism is maintained by the guests and regs because of the immense value to the community when more people from all walks of life can feel at home there. In OT I think this sort of roughhousing is expected, but notin tech. I'm no authority around here, it'sjust my opinion...

Old 01-28-2007, 11:50 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

1+ and on that note[sm=closed.gif]
ORIGINAL: FirePower

ORIGINAL: Norse1974

People ask partly because they want an answer and partly because they want to talk about it, so they really don't appreciate the aggression. I belong to some online programming communities thatdo not tolerate antagonism or arrogance. If a referral to google or site search is recommended, quote the search term that should be used. More importantly, quote your favorite source/site/thread for the information requested, because you may help reinforce or confirm info already covered by the person asking the question. If they wanted to do research they wouldn't be at a public forum trying to pick the brains of people who they mayconsider to be experts. Sometimes, people just want to BS about stuff. Sometimes they are suffering from information overload in a search and they are looking for direction. How would you feel if you pulled over to a gas station and asked the attendant for directions and he said, "You know, buddy, there are maps right there, if you're lookin for someplace, get a map. I'm tired of giving directions to people who can't take the time to read a map, OK?"

Anyway, being a smartass on the forums is funny sometimes, but noobs get their feelings hurt and it could beultimately bad for the community. Some people will just say fug-you and go to another forum. Since this particular site obtains it's revenue solely from the participation of forum members (as opposed to a news/media model) IMO people should be try to be nice, especially in the tech sections. www.asp.net , as the example of a successful online community, has a bazillion members and lots of traffic, and I never see people getting bashed there. Although there are literally millions of hobbyists and all sorts of personalities in the programming industry, some semblance of professionalism is maintained by the guests and regs because of the immense value to the community when more people from all walks of life can feel at home there. In OT I think this sort of roughhousing is expected, but notin tech. I'm no authority around here, it'sjust my opinion...

Old 02-03-2007, 03:12 PM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

Thank You Firepower, well said. Guys, newbies don't know a whole lot when they come in here. Especially if they have never been in a forum before. We can direct them to get the answers they need in a friendly way without making them feel like crap.I don't think we want to be chasing people away because they are new here. We need as many people as possible. Besides that, maybe they would like to hear from a real live person, rather that just read an old post.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:37 PM
cfr865
3rd Gear Member

If you don't want to reply to a question don't, or answer there question and suggest they do a search also.I've learned alot on here and most people are real helpful, lets keep it that way.