Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Minor Porblems

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 04:04 AM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

Default Minor Porblems

Ok everyone; I've had my car since the middle of summer and it has about 13k miles on it. This is my 1st stang; and a ford for that fact. I've been very happy w/ my stock stang w/ its power; nice ride, etc. No major problems w/ the motor or tranny but ive have or had minor problems w/ it. I will be taking it to the dealer but was just woundering if any of you guys hand this problems.

-the driver window will move around when its down and i close the door. Also i can hear air coming in through the window when the window all the way up

-my shaker 500 works great when it works. It really doesnt like mp3 and i always says "bad disic".

-My gas some times will only full up half away ( it use to be real bad..I took it to ford; then said they filled it just fine. And some how it filled up just fine for a few months and now its starting to come back)

*** I know its been real cold out; but last nite i got in my car and start going...and boom; i stalled...did it again; i stalled the car. it felt like the ebrake was or ( or the car was pulling something). I checked; ebreak was down; but real lose. so i took the car to the end of my drive way which is a little hill where it normal rolls back; but it in N, put the clutch in and it just stood there. Finally drove it around w/ crappy pick up and w/ in 10 mins; it got %80 better w/ the e break no longer loss and by 1/2 to maybe even an hour it was %100 better.***
Old 01-28-2007, 04:12 AM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Minor Porblems

no idea about the driver window. sounds like it's out of alignment and not sealing correctly when all the way up.

shaker has always been "shaky" with mp3 discs. mine sometimes does the same thing.

there's a TSB on this fuel fill problem. bad thing is that only about half the dealerships i read about even do anything about the problem. there's also talk about different gas stations having different setups on the pumps and it won't affect the mustang. there's also the "turn the gas pump handle upside down and fill it that way". etc. do a search on these boards for it.

your e-brake froze and you driving around with it engaged until it loosened was not a good idea at all. you need to take it to ford and have them fix it. there's a TSB for this problem as well. this problem is VERY common, even on the 07's.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:11 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Yeap..07AlloyGT pretty much summed it up. The only issue I had was the gas thing, but it only did it one and since then I've had no problem. Never took it to the dealer.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:17 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

Ok; thank you. I'm going to take it to a dealer. Which bring me to my next minor problem here. Which one; alot of dealer are crappy and dont know waht there doing? I've all ready taking my GT to a local dealer for the gas and they told me they never heard of any gas filling problems.

Any body leave in south jersey; near rt 73/70? there a ton of dealers around there

I also knew it was a bad idea driving it; but it was late; no dealer was open... I didnt think it was "that bad" but my friend filled me in on how dum that was.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:17 PM
rutus
1st Gear Member

I always use Medford Ford off RT70. The parts dept is great, service dept has been good, haven't had the mustang in for anything but an oil change so far. They only made one oops so far, when I had my 05-350 in for warranty service they forgot to put the radiator cap back on and it lost half the fluid. It was a stupid mistake that anyone could make, annoying for me but I still use them as anyone can have a bad day.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:21 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

I do take my stang to medford ford for my oil changes; but i dont know if i want to leave it there for something like the e brake and gas fill up problems. My mom had serval issues w/ them when dropping off her navi for work. I know theres a holman ford on 73 little bit past the circle; i have never use them before. But there a big dealer that have a ton of stangs, so i would think they get a lot in for service. There also miller on 38; does any body having any experince w/ them? .
Old 01-29-2007, 12:46 AM
rutus
1st Gear Member

My brothers neighbor is the sales manager at their Subaru side, but i unfortunately don't know about their service dept.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:09 AM
cioccoj

Hammonton Ford isnt that far from you. Very nice people to deal with. Small dealership thats very customer oriented.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:06 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

I called up holman ford; got a person to trans my call right way. But the guy wasnt much help; before i could even finsh what i was saying; he trans my call to some lady where i got her vmail. So i said screw it;i called miller ford up. got some body right away; and they told me to drop it off. I've passed it serval times going to school but this would be my 1st time there. Pretty nice; huge service. they have there own building; ill give you guys an update.