Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Cheap pretty rotors???

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 11:54 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Cheap pretty rotors???

Scramblr those brakes look awesome but they don't say anything about being coated, so I'd be afraid of rust showing up after a while. The other ones linked to on ebay don't look quite as cool, but they are zinc coated. I'll probably go with those.

And as stated above, I am not looking for a performance upgrade, just something that stays shiny.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:07 AM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: suoperdave84

Scramblr those brakes look awesome but they don't say anything about being coated, so I'd be afraid of rust showing up after a while. The other ones linked to on ebay don't look quite as cool, but they are zinc coated. I'll probably go with those.

And as stated above, I am not looking for a performance upgrade, just something that stays shiny.
Yeah, I know you're looking for bling with the rotors too. They say they come zinc plated. It's all the way at the bottom of the page. And the hubs are painted black. But honestly, I take the zinc wash/plate with a grain of salt too. Again, for $300 do I really expect the rotors won't show rust when sitting in the rain? Nope...But like others, as soon as you start driving it gets wiped off. The vents will probably start showing rust too overtime. Bet the Rotorpros do to. But I bought these because I think they look better than the Rotorpros.

What is the difference between our rotors compared to other sellers?
Our original blank rotors are casted in ISO9002/QS9000/VDA6.1 approved facilities in which parts, materials, and processes are inspected. The rotors are machined at our facility in Anaheim, California. We spend numerous hours on research on how to drill, slot, zinc plate, balance, and inspect our rotors so that our customers are getting high quality rotors.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:12 AM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

Hey scramblr, be sure to start a new post when you get them. Put up some pics and let us know how you like them. I'll probably put some on my Christmas list this year.
I can do that. But it won't be until Mar or Apr. I'm doing the rotors, pads, SS lines, and line locks at the same time so I only have to bleed the brakes once. Since it's all going to be apart anyway, I'm painting the calipers as well. It's all in the mail right now, but I need it to be a little bit warmer to paint the calipers, so I need to wait a bit.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:13 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

The 1st thing that came to my uneducated mind scramblr onthose rotors is, more holes = less braking surface.
I know we're going for looks, but is it possible to lose some peformance?
Old 02-13-2007, 02:19 AM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stoenr

The 1st thing that came to my uneducated mind scramblr onthose rotors is, more holes = less braking surface.
I know we're going for looks, but is it possible to lose some peformance?
Actually, the way I look at it is more holes, more apt to crack. [&:] But tha "should" only occur under extreme braking conditions, i.e., roadcourse. I honestly haven't heard of anyone losing performance over these or other drill/slotted rotors. Then again, just about everyone upgrades their pads too and that's where they see the performance gain. Maybe the upgraded pads make up for the performance loss? But hey, these have Diamond Cuts, so they have to be better, right?
Old 02-13-2007, 02:44 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Just gold plate em and you're set!
Old 02-13-2007, 03:07 AM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stoenr

Just gold plate em and you're set!
LOL...People sell them like that, don't they? D@mn, which means people buy them. [&:]
Old 02-21-2007, 09:10 PM
r1concepts

Hey guys, I just browsed around the forums and found this thread
ORIGINAL: scramblr

I have these in the mail.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...mZ220076723038

Scabler, I think I spoke with you a few months back regarding your issue with another buyer. I did try to email Paypal, but I don't think they were able to help. I hope that you were able to receive your money back from them. Post some pictures of the rotors once you have them installed. Also, I'd be interested in seeing a review from you, whether they are good or bad. Thanks.
ORIGINAL: suoperdave84

Hi all,

I just put new wheels/tires on my car and I noticed quite a bit of ugly rust on the rotors...not just on the actual part the caliper grips but where the wheel bolts up too.

I want to replace the rotors but I don't want to spend a fortune. I want something coated that will not rust. Drilled would be nice too.

I am not looking for better performance, just something that looks good. Any suggestions?
suoperdave84, If you have any questions or concerns about Rotors feel free to Email or Pm me. I'll be glad to help you out as much as possible.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:32 AM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: r1concepts

Scramblr, I think I spoke with you a few months back regarding your issue with another buyer. I did try to email Paypal, but I don't think they were able to help. I hope that you were able to receive your money back from them. Post some pictures of the rotors once you have them installed. Also, I'd be interested in seeing a review from you, whether they are good or bad. Thanks.
Ah, there you are. PMd you from the other site but didn't hear back from you. No matter now as hopefully the rotors are in the mail, although I haven't received any type of confirmation notice they shipped. The payment confimation email I received indicated I would receive a notice when they got mailed. Can you verify they got sent out?

Yeah, and screw Paypal. They're great to move money back and forth, but whatever implied protection they have for the customer is a bunch of crap. If the seller doesn't have $ in their account, Paypal says too bad. I lost out $450 to SCM Performance (Allan) on that deal since he took the money and never shipped the items. Oh well, live and learn...