Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Final Forum Check for Prices/Install input plz!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 06:23 PM
OxSMSxO
2nd Gear Member

Default Final Forum Check for Prices/Install input plz!!

So I have decided to take the plunge you can see my current car setup, and here is what I am adding, and where I plan to purchase at the moment, I hope you all have input to save me $$$

Steeda UDPs $199.95 from Brenspeed
Motiv 4.10s $148.99 from Brenspeed

Headers are the ones I am having a hard time. I wanted to run Longtubes however I wanted a OR X-Pipe to go with them. The problem lies in when I do need emissions I wanted to be able to swap the stock X-Pipe back on, get my emissions, and swap back. I was going to go with SLP, however that is not possible. So now my longtubes are up in the air. So I think I will go with SLP catted X-Pipe, I really wanted to run offroad for the extra noise. Will the noise decrease and hp decrease be substantial? Or will going to LTs and a Catted X-Pipe boost my noise plenty over stock, while still running my Loudmouths.

SLP Headers + Catted X-Pipe $ 1210.13
or
Dynatech Headers + Catted X-Pipe $1099.95

Please input on this, any fitting problems or preference would be much appreciated. And will I need to do new motor mounts as well?

I have already called 1st Performance here in Arizona, and here is what they quoted me.
Headers/Xpipe- 5.5hrs
UDPS - 1.5hrs
4.10 Gears- 4.5hrs
11.5hrs@$82= $943 for install
Dyno and Tune(Was $600ish without the SCT) = $350

The install is a bit bit bit much in my opinion. Recommendations for other Arizona shops would be appreciated. Shops located in the L.A. area would be helpful too, I have a friend who lives out there I could stay with if I could find a reputable shop with great prices. I have not purchased anything, am waiting about 2 weeks to get your guys input as well as finding best prices.

Old 04-24-2007, 06:26 PM
ponyman
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Final Forum Check for Prices/Install input plz!!

Anthem Motors and Arizona Dyno Chip are both places that come highly recommended around here...beware of AMP...way too many complaints to feel safe for sure!!!!
Old 04-24-2007, 06:34 PM
OxSMSxO
2nd Gear Member

When you say AMP, are you referring to Anthem Motorsports, or is that another shop. My father tried contacting Anthem when we read about their Ford GT upgrade package, think it was just a pulley swap and Longtubes to bump it to 650hp, they never called back, so don't plan on throwing them my business. Customer service is a priority for me.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:02 PM
ponyman
2nd Gear Member

no AMP is All Mustang Performance or some crap like that...

Did you leave a VM or something...because VMs are hard to return for a lot of businesses that is why I never leave them...and generally some of the best shops can be the toughest to get a hold of...But hey you make your decisions...being around the business my whole life, I will take a shop that takes a couple of phone calls with a great rep, over one that answers on the first thing with no rep (or worse a shotty rep like AMP)...your choice...even guys like Doug (at B A M A) and Brenspeed are tough to get ahold of sometimes...the good ones usually are....

And really the only thing that needs a shop is your gears anyway...say yourself some dough and buy more stuff....

Just my $.02
Old 04-24-2007, 07:47 PM
OxSMSxO
2nd Gear Member

Im a rookie to do the install solo
Old 04-24-2007, 08:48 PM
ponyman
2nd Gear Member

The only way to learn is to buy the shop manual...a mid level ($250-$500 depending on what you want to spend) set of Craftsman tools...a 3/8 and 1/2 inchtorque wrench...2 jack stands...and a floor jack...and maybe a friend/parent that has an ounce of mechanical ability....
Old 04-24-2007, 08:59 PM
OxSMSxO
2nd Gear Member

I have a mechanic friend over at dodge, maybe he will lend a hand. Then again he says he works at dodge for the job security, never enough dodge mechanics He might not know how to work on a quality product
Old 04-25-2007, 01:39 AM
OxSMSxO
2nd Gear Member

Found OR Dynatech LT, 6k miles on them, $480, I might pull the trigger. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=140111374047