Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Today is the Day...3.2 Pulley/Dyno Tune *UPDATED*

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 10:21 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

Default RE: Today is the Day...3.2 Pulley/Dyno Tune

Perdi.

Nice very very nice!!! enjoy
Old 04-29-2007, 11:05 PM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hammeron

hey perdi, how is my stock clutch gonna hold up, with the new
found powah
What ya kickin down for power... ? As far as I know it should hold for awhile, I replaced mine, and while now I'm glad I did (I think) if I were to do it again I would wait until this stock one is shot. The new clutch wasn't really all that expensive and it really SUCKED breaking it in, especially after having everything installed...all I wanted to do was beat the **** out of it a little but I had to hold back in fear of ruining the new clutch. And it did slip a few times right after getting on it... which is a little nerve racking to say the least...

I think it's good now aside from it coming in light under heavy load... Hopefully it will start to grab harder. I know guys that are pushing the same or a little more power on the stock clutch and it's holding fine... for how long I can't tell ya, but so far so good.. If your going for bigger power, I'd suggest strongly looking at the Dual GT500 Fuel Pump set up, and putting money there instead of the clutch...then the BMR UCA/LCA, and Panhard..

The only reason I really replaced it was I figured that the stock one was gunna burn up fairly quick, and since the car was having a ton of stuff done I figured I might as well... the original clutch only had 2,000 miles on it so..... maybe not the best move financially.

Now all I have to do is finish off the suspension, (lowering springs and D-Specs ( I think)).
Old 04-29-2007, 11:08 PM
tonkpils555666sas
4th Gear Member

you going to change driveshaft or torque converter as well?
Old 04-29-2007, 11:31 PM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tonkpils555666sas

I was gunna do an aluminum driveshaft, but am holding off on that until the car is lowered... apparently there can be clearance issues with the aluminum driveshafts hitting the floorboard. It would be nice if I can put one in there...but dunno if it's 100% necessary. I will probably leave everything the way it is for now, cause now I'm contemplating a crate motor. Or Forged internals.... but because I bought the Saleen, I'm thinking just going to a crate motor. But, I'm going to think about that long and hard....cause for a street car / daily driver 700+hp seems like it could possibly be overkill.. And really might drive me to the looney bin..(all that power and never being able to use it). If I'm gunna up the power from where it is now I'm not "F'in" around, it would have to be a minimum of 700+ with the ability to go up over 1000. I really not interested in 500 or 600hp...If i'm going big, Im' going BIG.

I have a manual tranny.

So really other than that I can't think of much more I can do...maybe the brakes?
Old 04-30-2007, 01:36 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

bad news for ya you're already there!

but i'll be showing up too, sooner or later......

ORIGINAL: Perdi

ORIGINAL: tonkpils555666sas

I was gunna do an aluminum driveshaft, but am holding off on that until the car is lowered... apparently there can be clearance issues with the aluminum driveshafts hitting the floorboard. It would be nice if I can put one in there...but dunno if it's 100% necessary. I will probably leave everything the way it is for now, cause now I'm contemplating a crate motor. Or Forged internals.... but because I bought the Saleen, I'm thinking just going to a crate motor. But, I'm going to think about that long and hard....cause for a street car / daily driver 700+hp seems like it could possibly be overkill.. And really might drive me to the looney bin..(all that power and never being able to use it). If I'm gunna up the power from where it is now I'm not "F'in" around, it would have to be a minimum of 700+ with the ability to go up over 1000. I really not interested in 500 or 600hp...If i'm going big, Im' going BIG.

I have a manual tranny.

So really other than that I can't think of much more I can do...maybe the brakes?