Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Super Charger upgrades Poll

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 11:28 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Super Charger upgrades Poll

ORIGINAL: hammeron

for you Eddy, the only logical s/c choice
is the whipple. it's the closest thing to a
genuine ford part out there that i know of.

any other brand imo, would take away some of the
prestige, of the shelby uniqueness

ORIGINAL: 07GTEddy

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

well, if I am not mistaken you are getting the great deal from KB right...so I would invest that extra cash into the bottom end just for your piece of mind...but no I am stock bottom end with my current numbers. Will probably change out Drive shaft and TC before going new fuel pump and smaller pulley to ge to 450-475 rwhp...my tranny will be reinforced first before I venture onto the bottom end....IMO....
So if you keep it at or around the 425 mark and a good tune, The bottom end is not an issue untill you want to start making bigger power? Im pretty sure that im not going to want to push any more then that because its my daily driver and for me that is well enough for a street car. I use to run a 700Hp car at the track and that power was freakin scary sometimes about half track (Track prep)if you know what i mean, but that was a strip only car. I dont want to be the fastest guy out there, just some fun power once in while.

I hear ya,

But on that KB deal that part did not matter, The price was right.......

I can spend just over 5G's for the Paxton from SAI or I can get the Ford Racing unit for 4200 (My cost) not the 475hp kit but the lower hp kit and down the road i could always move up to the 475 if need be.... Thats me doing the install myself either way.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:43 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Super Charger upgrades Poll

ORIGINAL: hammeron

for you Eddy, the only logical s/c choice
is the whipple. it's the closest thing to a
genuine ford part out there that i know of.

any other brand imo, would take away some of the
prestige, of the shelby uniqueness

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

well, if I am not mistaken you are getting the great deal from KB right...so I would invest that extra cash into the bottom end just for your piece of mind...but no I am stock bottom end with my current numbers. Will probably change out Drive shaft and TC before going new fuel pump and smaller pulley to ge to 450-475 rwhp...my tranny will be reinforced first before I venture onto the bottom end....IMO....
So if you keep it at or around the 425 mark and a good tune, The bottom end is not an issue untill you want to start making bigger power? Im pretty sure that im not going to want to push any more then that because its my daily driver and for me that is well enough for a street car. I use to run a 700Hp car at the track and that power was freakin scary sometimes about half track (Track prep)if you know what i mean, but that was a strip only car. I dont want to be the fastest guy out there, just some fun power once in while.

I hear ya,

But on that KB deal that part did not matter, The price was right.......

I can spend just over 5G's for the Paxton from SAI or I can get the Ford Racing unit for 4200 (My cost) not the 475hp kit but the lower hp kit and down the road i could always move up to the 475 if need be.... Thats me doing the install myself either way.
you know my story....I got the Saleen due to it was 4k. if I coul dhave got the Whipple or KB for the same price...would have been a tough choice. I do like the Saleen very much...and will be upgrading in a year or so with driveshaft, fuel pump or BAP, 3.4 pulley and last but not least a TC with 3000 stall....bottom end....may not be done as I am just going to get her up to 450rwhp....which I may come closer with just a driveshaft change......good luck and have fun...believe me...the money is still smoking out of my wallet....LOL