Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

ticket for exhaust..

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 09:56 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: ticket for exhaust..

ORIGINAL: SonicBlue05GT

it's all about where you live. here in AL you'd never get a ticket..

i've even had a cop pull me over to tell me nice ride and that it sounds good.. LoL (o/r H and Flows)
+1 I live in Florida, no emissions testing and no state vehicle inspection. But when I lived in Connecticut, any modification to your exhaust even to make it quieter than factory is illegal, or was when I was up there...but yeah it all goes back to the county and state...
...also I agree that if they're gonna pick on loud v8s they need to spread the wealth to the loud harleys and also the thump-thump cars...hell, throw parents with screaming kids into the group too!
Old 06-30-2007, 10:30 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

just hide out at home until dog the bounty
hunter comes lookin for ya.....if he finds you,
just pretend you didn't understand the citation

ORIGINAL: RetroS197

[:'(]All i have is off road x pipe and flowmasters. The officer said it was too loud and illeagaly modified.
WTF [:@], its not even any louder than those damn semis..... or a motorcycle... What should I do?
Old 06-30-2007, 10:38 PM
brewcity
2nd Gear Member

[:'(]All i have is off road x pipe and flowmasters. The officer said it was too loud and illeagaly modified.
WTF [:@], its not even any louder than those damn semis..... or a motorcycle... What should I do?
unfortunately I must admit to being one of those dumb***'s , last night I got a ticket for weaving in and out of traffic, he gave me three!!- one for carelessness, one for improper turn signal use, and one for my exhaust...

this is why you got the ticket for your exhaust! im sure if you would have been driveing normal you would have never gotten a ticket
Old 06-30-2007, 10:45 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: brewcity

unfortunately I must admit to being one of those dumb***'s , last night I got a ticket for weaving in and out of traffic, he gave me three!!- one for carelessness, one for improper turn signal use, and one for my exhaust...

this is why you got the ticket for your exhaust! im sure if you would have been driveing normal you would have never gotten a ticket
yeah i guess he forgot to add that part!!
Old 06-30-2007, 11:04 PM
ModernMuscle
2nd Gear Member

put your factory H with cats on, then go to the judge and ask their opinion, lol...
show them cats, and legalness, and get it dismissed.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:15 PM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ModernMuscle

put your factory H with cats on, then go to the judge and ask their opinion, lol...
show them cats, and legalness, and get it dismissed.
lol +1
thats something I would do...
Old 07-01-2007, 02:03 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

lol.... me too. did it for an illegal tint ticket that i got once. he had no proof that it was illegal tint other than the ticket he gave me.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:20 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Yah I already decided to get the High flow cats installed on my O/R H pipe. Like to play to much only a matter of time in my neighborhood.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:39 AM
BillyBobJoe
4th Gear Member

I plan on keeping my cats, there isn't really much gain in loosing them so unless I suddenly come in to an extra grand for a set of LTs and some hi-flow cats, I'm keeping the stock-mid pipe and maybe doing a set of the Macs. I also do a lot of late-night and early morning driving and I'm not the person who likes to deal with complaing neighbors, even if they aren't my neighbors.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:41 AM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

I had a guy stop me claiming i had no cats , he said it was way too loud and he smelled it. Its loud but not annoying loud and i dont what he smelled because i have the cats,

It seems like everything is illegal i was talking to a maryland inspector a car show and he told me my car would not pass inspection because your not allowed to have exhaust come in front of your back wheel in maryland unless its factory

Quick Reply: ticket for exhaust..