Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

This is BS!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 09:23 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

Default RE: This is BS!

Maybe I am just be overly carefull, but Saleen will not cover the warranty unless it is installed by a Saleen certified professional in a Saleen certified shop. Which I have not been able to locate here locally, plus I don't want some hack working on my car who has installed a KB once or twice thinking my car will be the one he gets it right with. (another chug of beer). Your Saleen is sick! Did you really sell it?
Old 07-10-2007, 09:31 PM
mills281e
4th Gear Member

Your Saleen is sick! Did you really sell it?
Thanks for the props.....you made my heart skip a beat with the selling talk . I sold my 97 Cobra [&o].....the Saleen is still in the garage.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:37 PM
kleistang
3rd Gear Member

you are a pssy. 2.5 hours is nothing **** if you have the money to pay for install whats 3 hours and $70 on gas. instead when i get my i would have to do it myself.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:46 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

Ok then A$$hole you can pay for the tow and my rental carif it breaks. "Stupid is as Stupid does" you moron.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:48 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

As long as you have help, you can install the Saleen in 1 day. The unit and parts weigh approx 150lbs so you need help lifing it on the car. There are quite a few write ups on the install on the net that I can send you if you're interested. When you get the unit just read through the instructions twice and you'll see it's really not all that hard.

Now, that being said you need to decide what to do with the tune. If this is your daily driver, you don't want to be sending your ECU to Saleen and waiting to get it back. That will take approx a week or more. I suggest, if you have a tuner, to get an Email tune from JDM. This way, your driving as soon as you're done and their tunes are killer!

It took me and my brother in law 12 hrs to complete mine including replacing the plugs and injectors, and that was taking our time, and stopping for meals too. I started at 7:30AM and was cleaned up and eating dinner by 8PM.

But, if you really don't want to do this yourself I would get to Brenspeed. Take a day off from work, get an appointment for him to do your car and ge there early. He should be done, and you should be home by nightfall.

Forget about this warranty BS. This 'warranty' does not cover your engine at all, and I have never heard of the Saleen series VI unit itself breaking, or seizingin any way.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:50 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

Oh wait let me guess your 17 and your daddy brought your car for you as payment for the "Special Favors"
Maybe you should let your brain catch up with your mouth dip ****.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:51 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

OOps I see you're in CA. Forget about the Brenspeed thing. There are dozens of performance shops in CA that can do this. Put up a post to other CA members here for their suggestions on shops.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:53 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the input. Its nice to hear from someone with a brain. I will keep looking, but your right about the install Apex said the install take a day it is the tune that takes a week or more.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:56 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

Your right about asking for help I have been sending a few email back and forth with a couple of members and they are helping me look. If I was in So-Cal I probably would have shops knocking at my door to do the work, but here is Sac the choices are very limited.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:58 AM
kleistang
3rd Gear Member

i think your brainis a little behind your age, maybe you should let it catch up a little.
that way you will not reply people like this. i am not the baby crying in a forum because can get a shop to install parts on my car. still i think you just need to go and drive for the 2.5 hours do it and when you drive it back you would see the reward. and if you still offended, too bad [:'(]