Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Voice YOUR opinion!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 11:06 PM
vack75
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Voice YOUR opinion!

They really need to do 3 things Ford in General anyway.

#1 Stop the F'in Dealer BullShiznit that they pull...............you know a dealer tried selling me a GT with a 5 speed for 2500 over Sticker...........he told me it's a rare car. Almost bunched him right square in the Jimmy.

#2 I say Ford needs to trim some of the models they offer, for example the Taurus should be dead, but because of some silly study that people relate to the Name Taurus they rename the 500 (Which is a very solid car BTW) to a Tarus and please kill that abortion of a Tarus X.........This Half Car half SUV stuff is weird to me anyway. The Edge needs to go, the Excursion or Expedition need to be Melded into one vehicle, the Sport Trac although I love it, needs to be sent to pasture as well, make a 4 door ranger instead. They would sell more of the Sport Tracs if they would deal on them, they think it's a special vehicle too, really strange....but when a guy wants a truck he wants a truck not an explorer with a bed. The Fusion I think they could leave as is, maybe Ford Racing should actually hop on board with some nice upgrades performance wise on that car. It's really a nice car, almost traded my Escape in on one, but the wife likes the Escape, it is good in the snow. Lastly I guess we got the Mustangs, I think Ford knocked it out of the park with our cars this time. From the V6 to the GT 500 they are solid cars. I'd like to keep seeing new models of the mustang in the future.

#3 Allow some of the over seas Fords to be purchased here in the states, IE the Falcon, the Ford in the Bond Movies, and the Focus that is sold overseas.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:43 PM
white07
4th Gear Member

Think about the price you are paying for the car. If they came built then we would be paying 50K. All I want is a bigger motor like a 302 cammer or something that comes with a little more grunt from the factory.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:09 AM
damquick1
2nd Gear Member

I'm happy...just wish they would go back to underdash lighting (like the old days to light the floorboard) and put a frigging light in the center console!
Old 07-22-2007, 07:37 AM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

The 2008s will have Ambilighting as an option. I believe that it lights the floorboards and accents the dash.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:39 AM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

^^.True, it is hard to see anything.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:33 AM
Shard Phoenix
2nd Gear Member

The 4 door from the bond movie is a mondeo... Maybe you cant get those in the states... I drive one here as an MP.

I agree with the fusion, that car has serious potential and they need to get some more done with it... Stop making a ST focus rice burner and do something with the better platform. The ST focus is a whole nother rant for me though, and I wont go into it.

Ambient lighting is lame, its not practical. My Probe had overhead lights and lights on the floor... I miss that for sure. However, I think it would be Pimp on a convertible!

I really think fords biggest problem is its meszed up dealers, I almost bought a sport-trac, until my dealer told me they wouldnt move down on the already marked up price. So I bought the mustang at under MSRP because I priced it online and they knocked the price down a grand to keep me from going somewhere else, and it had the wrong 18"s on it, they would have changed the 18's but I figured for a grand I could get my own rims :P. The dealers are screwing ford big time, the GT500 is an amazing example, if they were sold at the right price more would be sold, ford would up the production numbers and still have the KR etc for the collectors...Dealership customer service varies greatly, and so does the buying experience.

Every warrantee issue I have heard of on these forums is dealer and service center related, rather than car related. I used to work in the automotive industry... I have seen the inside of the dealerships service center world and it is not nice.If I had the slightest issue with my gt when I was in the states it went strait to my dealer and was immediatly fixed, while I watched.

You really have to pick and choose who you take your car to, and that shouldnt be. I should take my car to any dealer in the lower 48 and get the exact same positive sales and service experience. For me it started at day one, I chose my salesman... and I reallygot lucky,picked the right one. Any time I had any issue with my car I called him directly. He would call me back and tell me exactly when I could bring it in and have it repaired on the spot. I came into the dealer to get a chip repaired one saturday, he heard I was there and brought me coffee and doughnuts and BS'd with me while I watched them fix my chip.I happened to getanail in my tirewhile I was there and noticed it when I got home.... so I called him. He told me he didnt want me to risk getting more crap in my tires by taking it back andto take it to whatever tire shop I wanted and have it REPLACED and he would make sure the dealership paid for it, and they did. From initial contact, to purchasing the car, and signing the paperwork, all the way until I left the states he worked with me and dealt with all the dealer bull****. When I took my car in and had it tinted (Part of the package I paid for when I purchased) I left it at my dealer with a 1/4th tank of gas, when I got it back there was only 10 miles on the odometer and a full tank. When the tint got scratched a month later I called him and he straitened it out with the tint guy and traded me a rental for my mustang and got it taken care of THAT DAY. He even prepared any warrantee paperwork I had to sign with those little sticky tabs for the sig blocks... It was truly an amazing relationship. Then when I was in utah on holiday for a week I had another nail in my tire (Woot for having family on a farm) And they gave me a huge run around on something that is a $10 fix! Nearly ruined my littlevacation because I was so pissed off. How can things be so different?

So, would I buy from this guy again? Yes, have I reffered tons of people to him, also yes.. He has sold 3 more cars to friends of mine, and any dealership/salesman could do the same thing... but they dont because they are only concerned with that days profit margin!

I really dont think ford is going to give up street dominance, and I am sure they have something planned to rock the camaro's, but why let that cat out of the bag before they have too? Keep it a secret, then when the other ponies do come out... Pounce! That way they dont have a chance to react!

For me, I think they need one more model between the GT and the GT500, something in the 400 hp range with an appropriate price point, the reason the mustang did SO well when it first came out was all the options, there was like 8 or so engine options on the original mustangs, and all the different body options! Isee the pointin factorypimped out GT, or GT with bolt ons. Sure asthetics are nice, but for most enthusiasts I think more engine options would be better, looks are much easier to customize.

Oh, and fix the price point on the shaker 1000, thats the biggest rip off in the world!
Old 07-22-2007, 09:57 AM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

^^Yea your all over it.

1. Warranty.

2. Price.

But you gotta admit that the focus can be a rice burner, but also many are sold to ricers, making money for ford. I'd rather an american company make money than an oriental/...
Old 07-23-2007, 09:09 AM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

I heard ford is bringing back the 5.0l 302 in the 2009 models. they are going to de-tune the 425 hp parelli jones edition to make 400 hp. they have to do this since chevy and dodge are bringing out camaro and challenger with 400 hp. supposedly they are also bumping up the hp in the v6. the 2008 models were bumped from 210 to 240 hp. they just need to drop in the 3.5l dohc motor.
just my .02.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:21 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

I would like to see Ford team up with their already heavily sponsored John Force and make a FORCE MUSTANG.

I'd like to see it be a GT base model with a much wider wheel base and fender rolled for bigger tires, have the 5.4 motor blown with a whipple or KB and come with an awesome drag pack.

I would pay big money for that car...
Old 07-23-2007, 01:52 PM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

This is a good thread. The first thing I can think of is the obvious that everyone else has been saying: More displacement. IMHO,Ford needs to atleast put a 5.8L motor in the baseline V8 to make good power and compete with Dodge and Chevy, who just keep making bigger and bigger motors themselves. And that's 5.8L at the very least.

Secondly, Ford needs to forge the internals (as they have been) on these bigger displacement motors, and add a blower. Ford should wake up and see that it's one thing to be a competitor, and another to "End the competition".

Quick Reply: Voice YOUR opinion!