Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

LT Headers and Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 09:41 AM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

Default LT Headers and Supercharger

I've got a Saleen supercharger, and i'm going to be adding some long tube headers in the near future. I was wondering if having the supercharger on the car is gonna cause any extra difficulty on the install. I need to know so when I get quotes from shops that don't try and up charge me for extra work id there really isn't any.

Secondly, i have a custom tune for the SC will my car run ok without a new tune until i can get it on the rollers again, I also have a wideband a/f gauge so i can watch it and possibly tweak it if need be with my predator, is this feasible or am i dreaming?
Old 08-01-2007, 10:50 AM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

Default RE: LT Headers and Supercharger

There should be no reason to charge extra for an LT install IMO. As far as your tune goes... from what I was told when I inquired the same.... you should be ok... to really take advantage of the additonal airflow that will occur get it back on the rollers ASAP.... one issue that I had (and did not go with LTs as a result) was the added power potential was going to cause me to run out of fuel.... I have a BAP... So to really take advantage I was looking at the GT500 pump upgrade and maybe an upgrade to 60# injectors. If I did all that... we guessed I'd see a 40-50 rwhp bump.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:15 AM
desslok40
3rd Gear Member

I would suggest getting SLP LT headers for the 1 3/4 " primaries, better for FI, of course until I get my SC that's what I have been told!!!!
Old 08-02-2007, 12:34 PM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

So anyone have an actual experinces installing or having installed LT headers on a already s/c car?
Old 08-02-2007, 02:26 PM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

Ya also may find that the boost pressure drops a bit due to less back pressure...
Old 08-02-2007, 05:04 PM
jrm1900
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: POWERS

So anyone have an actual experinces installing or having installed LT headers on a already s/c car?
You are not going to have any mechanical issues installing LT's on a SaleenSC'd car.
You do not need a new tune for the headers.
When using a less restrictive exhaust system you are likely to lose 1/2 to 1psi boost because of the reduction in back pressure you can compensate with a smaller pulley.
If your LT's dont include extensions you'll need to get them if you want to use the O2 sensors, otherwise you can use a tuner to turn off this function.
Chances are you'll get O2 engine codes because the O2 sensors will be now located further back, especially during cold starts. SO i vote for turning off the O2 sensors.
You are to expect a much louder exhaust because of the SC/LT's combination.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:50 PM
likemike99
2nd Gear Member

as stated get 1 3/4" , NOT 1 5/8".
Old 08-09-2007, 09:31 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

1+ great advice
ORIGINAL: jrm1900

ORIGINAL: POWERS

You are not going to have any mechanical issues installing LT's on a SaleenSC'd car.
You do not need a new tune for the headers.
When using a less restrictive exhaust system you are likely to lose 1/2 to 1psi boost because of the reduction in back pressure you can compensate with a smaller pulley.
If your LT's dont include extensions you'll need to get them if you want to use the O2 sensors, otherwise you can use a tuner to turn off this function.
Chances are you'll get O2 engine codes because the O2 sensors will be now located further back, especially during cold starts. SO i vote for turning off the O2 sensors.
You are to expect a much louder exhaust because of the SC/LT's combination.