Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New Bama Race tune

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 03:15 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: New **** Race tune

Glad to see you got that worked out....i got scared for you
Old 09-01-2007, 03:46 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Me too!!!!....got it back to work, drove it hard and did some hard braking and no stalls compared to 4 on my way home for lunch so I think I'll just have to check it periodically to make sure it stays seated and tight. Now I want to try Dougs tune again, I think my testing yesterday may have caused it to come off leading me to believe I had a tune issue.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:49 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

reloaded the b.amatune and all seems to be well now, although I still think it idles a bit low(I may bump it upsome)it is steady and does not drop and stall anymore with either tune. I still say Brents has a bit more torque, but I could swear Dougs is a bit faster. One thing is for sure and that is both will be a lot of fun with my new 3.73's next week
Old 09-01-2007, 10:01 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I will load up the torq tune tomorrow and tell you if it has more pull down low than the race tune....if i remember correctly it does pull more down low by a good margin.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:18 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Oh man....I hope I really like mine. I went back and forth between B ama and Brenspeed. []
Old 09-01-2007, 11:04 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

I would recommend both, my problem today wasn't tune related it just coincided with the intake coming loose. Once yours is installed I would check it periodically and will be doing this myself, I have tightenedmine down before.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:51 AM
Nick62087
1st Gear Member

ok, i just have to ask now..... i know i'll probably get flamed for being a newbie but here goes...

why does everyone block out the 4-letter name ofthe place they get there tune? such as **** or replace the 'a's with @?
Old 09-02-2007, 09:59 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

There is a history long ago with Doug and the forum about sponsorship....nothing to worry about.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:29 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

I just triedDoug's 93 Torque tune and I will say it is night and day different from the 93 race tune. Makes it easier from a stop but I do feel like the top end is less.

Just my recommendation for those ordering tunes from Doug. Get a 87 pef, 93 perf, 93 race. Thats my 2 cents.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:08 PM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mikes_BLK_GT

Its defintely idling to low in drive I stalled twice this morning with no codes and it started right back up. I watched at these points for the issue and found it drops below 500 and downt o about 250 sputters and shuts down. I restart get in the parking lot and checked but no codes to decifer. If sitting in drive its idle is just above 500rpm's. Doug mentioned he did not recommend pulling the venturi on a car with so few mods so maybe thats it but Ive brenspeeds tune for months without these issue's. I have emailed Doug to see what he says in the meantime I'll just reload Brents tune since I have had no issue's with that one.

Asside from the small issues it seems to be a great tune and chiprs 2nd and 3rd

Does anyone know if you can change just the drive idle with the sct?.....maybe bump it up a 100 or so rpm's?

Yes, you can change the neutral idle speed and the drive idle speed with the SCT.

What you have to do is reset the KAM (keep alive memory) disconnect the battery neg or pos lead let the car set for 5 minutes and then reconnect the battery cable.

Plug in the tuner. The tuner will ask you if you want to make changes to the parameters or not answer yes to changinging the parameters. Scrool down to the parameters you wnat to change.

After you make the changes the SCT will download the tune.

You might try setting them both to 720rpm. See how that works.

If you still experience the car dying clean the inside of the throttle body, its okay to open and close the butterflies for cleaning, also clean the MAFS. Unplug the fitting and remove the MAFS for cleaning. It may also be recommended to install a new TPS (throttle position sensor) you can get a new one from a Ford Dealer Parts Dept.

You can get the cleaning fluid from Auto Zone.