Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

gears OR exhaust? which one more fun?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 01:26 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: gears OR exhaust? which one more fun?

nah my dad wouldnt care about that. ok, he would, but its not the main issue lol. he doesn't want me to have everything; to be too spoiled. which is the smart thing to do. jeez, i already have enough; its not like i need more mods. he's letting me do this in reward for good grades.

i think im gonna go for the gears.

now.

the question is.

4.10's or 4.30's? strictly for fun and for the track, will 4.30's pull harder than 4.10's or willl it be a waste of traction?
Old 10-03-2007, 01:54 AM
acstone7
3rd Gear Member

idk, i seriously think 4.10 is enough gear for me for daily driving, any shorter gear and i think 1st would almost benot usable. especially comfortably.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:40 AM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

4.10's
Old 10-03-2007, 07:51 AM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

i vote axlebacks... while gears soundlike fun... exhaust and cai+tune are first get the car running sweet and sounding sick befoer you throw money at the real mods... thats my plan anyways...

i found it extremely shocking that the exhaust guru had stock exhaust... i thought you had been through multiple systems! Makes the exhaust thread (that still isn't a sticky!!! wtf!!!!) even more impressive...
Old 10-03-2007, 08:29 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Feng Houzi

i vote axlebacks... while gears soundlike fun... exhaust and cai+tune are first get the car running sweet and sounding sick befoer you throw money at the real mods... thats my plan anyways...

i found it extremely shocking that the exhaust guru had stock exhaust... i thought you had been through multiple systems! Makes the exhaust thread (that still isn't a sticky!!! wtf!!!!) even more impressive...

haha.........thats irony for ya.

if i had an exhaust system, i wouldn't even know what it would be haha. its sucks having such a sensitive ear. i don't even know what i want. i've experienced a fair amount of combinations. with a new edge GT; its easy. put a set of flowmasters or MAC's and it sounds good. EVERYTHING is a mid muffler system on those cars haha[:@][:@][:@] plus for some reason the exhaust ports shape produce such a beautiful sound. thats maybe why i should get gears; to avoid having to decide between exhaust systems. except stock is dead ****in silent[:@][:@][:@].
Old 10-03-2007, 12:42 PM
acstone7
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

ORIGINAL: Feng Houzi

haha.........thats irony for ya.

if i had an exhaust system, i wouldn't even know what it would be haha. its sucks having such a sensitive ear. i don't even know what i want. i've experienced a fair amount of combinations. with a new edge GT; its easy. put a set of flowmasters or MAC's and it sounds good. EVERYTHING is a mid muffler system on those cars haha[:@][:@][:@] plus for some reason the exhaust ports shape produce such a beautiful sound. thats maybe why i should get gears; to avoid having to decide between exhaust systems. except stock is dead ****in silent[:@][:@][:@].
True and if your not happy with your sound, believe me your gonna want to change it, I'd go 4.10s
M-4209-G410A.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:46 PM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Depends on who you want to please more......your *** or your ears
Old 10-03-2007, 12:56 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

if u want to pull harder in the 1/4 mile, get the 4.30's. but for driving on the street get the exhaust, bc the exhaust u can hear all the time, the gears will notice more at the track when you're using the gears to pull hard. depends what your priorities are: street or strip. so you gotta aks yourself 1 question, do I feel lucky?
Old 10-03-2007, 02:35 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: onederful100

if u want to pull harder in the 1/4 mile, get the 4.30's. but for driving on the street get the exhaust, bc the exhaust u can hear all the time, the gears will notice more at the track when you're using the gears to pull hard. depends what your priorities are: street or strip. so you gotta aks yourself 1 question, do I feel lucky?
hahaha...........well i ****ing love to rip on my car, rip through the gears, and it doesn't scare me like it did for the first couple hours (LOL).