Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

nitrous fun!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 08:16 PM
D_Gusler
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: nitrous fun!!

Aside from this post being the most retarded thing ever, I just have to ask why?????????????? If you need gas, open the bottle & flip the switch.

ORIGINAL: Mozz

Nitrous isnt THAT bad for your car... You can even get a kit that injects the nos directly into your gas and mixes with it... It regulates how much is put into your gas which in turn goes into the engine... Its a lot "healthier" than normal nos but still not that great... I recommend doing other mods before putting in the kit... $9,000+ for the kit that I talked about... And with 9gs, you can do a lot more to your car than just run nos with a stock engine...

intake radiator exhaust chips supercharger....That will add up to about 9 grand... But if you want nos because it DOES look AMAZING =) then make sure you look into what your buying a LOT before you get it... Also the effects on it should be researched. Good luck! PM me with any other questions that you might have. I'll also help you look for kits if you want... Just hit me up.

I've never heard of anything like this. Got anymore info on it?? Because that sounds incrediably stupid---why not just install a wet kit that does the exact same thing--injects fuel & nitrous at the same time.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:25 PM
damquick1
2nd Gear Member

+1 on that, or pipe in a wet propane system....then you won't be burnin' holes in them pistons!
Old 10-04-2007, 08:33 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

I just would like to say the creator of this thread is a moron. I didn't want to chime in but this is the stupidest thing i've ever heard. You want to run your car on nitrous all the time? Why don't you mount a nitrous refill station on the top of your roof while you're at it and then just have your passenger hold the button the whole time you are driving around. If you want power all the time get a blower...

[sm=boosign.gif]
Old 10-04-2007, 10:02 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

you wouldn't need it other than WOT.

get a blower.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:51 PM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dmbeard

Bad for the engine?? probably. But on a built motor in a showcar that does not get run that often i'm not too worried about it. Just looking for a new way to stand out from the crowd.
Money no object??? Strap a Jato rocket to the roof. I've seen it done on Mythbusters and it adds about 2000HP.

That would be unique.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:18 AM
dmbeard

well thanks for the extreme flaming. buttttttt. I stated that i wanted something different, something noone has done before, a way to stand out from the crowd,and it would be a show car that did not get driven very much. Sooooo, not worried about driveability anddont care when i "need" nitrous. My idea might be dumb, but sense most of you evidently didnt read my post and my reply correctly and then flamed my idea for a reason that i'm not even using it for, that inherently makes you the moron. Next time you want to flame somebody, make sure you get your information right.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:06 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

I was wondering if anybody knows, has done, or if it is even possible to apply the following to a mustang or any high performance car. I was thinking about a fully built motor with a nitrous system that runs all the time, not just at wot or the push of a button. I fiqure u could take pretty large bottle(probably custom fabricated)and work some kind of fuel stystem that works similar to a gas fuel system. Just to clear things up this system would still be using gas as the main source of power, i just would like to know if it is possible to run nitrous all the time.

I know this would be quite expensive but in this scenario i am not worried about money.
You have never run nitrous or been in a car with nitrous right? Anyways buy my kit

https://mustangforums.com/m_3878491/...tm.htm#3965339
Old 10-05-2007, 05:47 AM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

Yes but there is no way to keep the engine idling, you would need it to run on 100% nitrous
Old 10-05-2007, 06:12 AM
baha
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07SCGT

Bad for the engine?? probably. But on a built motor in a showcar that does not get run that often i'm not too worried about it. Just looking for a new way to stand out from the crowd.
Money no object??? Strap a Jato rocket to the roof. I've seen it done on Mythbusters and it adds about 2000HP.

That would be unique.
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]
Old 10-05-2007, 09:20 AM
Mozz

Lets try to stay on track... He wants a UNIQUE kit... We PMed eachother and he really wants something that no one else has seen.. Im going to try and talk to my friend that knows more about this subject and see if he can give some more info on a unique kit.

Quick Reply: nitrous fun!!