Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

nitrous fun!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 09:56 AM
dmbeard

Default nitrous fun!!

I was wondering if anybody knows, has done, or if it is even possible to apply the following to a mustang or any high performance car. I was thinking about a fully built motor with a nitrous system that runs all the time, not just at wot or the push of a button. I fiqure u could take pretty large bottle(probably custom fabricated)and work some kind of fuel stystem that works similar to a gas fuel system. Just to clear things up this system would still be using gas as the main source of power, i just would like to know if it is possible to run nitrous all the time.

I know this would be quite expensive but in this scenario i am not worried about money.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:25 AM
thaztrain35
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: nitrous fun!!

lol biggest waste of money ever?.. and wouldent constant nitrous be reaaaaly bad for ur engine?
Old 10-04-2007, 11:06 AM
Mozz

Nitrous isnt THAT bad for your car... You can even get a kit that injects the nos directly into your gas and mixes with it... It regulates how much is put into your gas which in turn goes into the engine... Its a lot "healthier" than normal nos but still not that great... I recommend doing other mods before putting in the kit... $9,000+ for the kit that I talked about... And with 9gs, you can do a lot more to your car than just run nos with a stock engine...

intake radiator exhaust chips supercharger....That will add up to about 9 grand... But if you want nos because it DOES look AMAZING =) then make sure you look into what your buying a LOT before you get it... Also the effects on it should be researched. Good luck! PM me with any other questions that you might have. I'll also help you look for kits if you want... Just hit me up.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:59 PM
dmbeard

Bad for the engine?? probably. But on a built motor in a showcar that does not get run that often i'm not too worried about it. Just looking for a new way to stand out from the crowd.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:34 PM
ratnacage
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dmbeard

Bad for the engine?? probably. But on a built motor in a showcar that does not get run that often i'm not too worried about it. Just looking for a new way to stand out from the crowd.
Well, if there's a trophy for most retarded mod ever, you'd have it sewn up.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:13 PM
EmperorOfChicken
5th Gear Member

uh...no, you would have large amounts of unburnt nitrous, and then when you start the car up the next time all that nitrous go BOOM! horrible idea.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:21 PM
beefrits

+1 on what ratnacage said.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Mozz

The nitrous wouldnt be distributed ALL the time... Its just a button you push that starts the regulation... If you run it a quarter mile then shut it off right away... Its your own darn fault. You just need to run it an extra 5-10 min and it will be FINE... this way is unique (exactly what he is looking for) and just as safe as any other nos your going to use.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:11 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I don't see the point. the current systems activate the nitrous at WOT, there's no switch per se, it's always there as long as the bottle is kept full. You could even hook up twin bottles. The idea of injecting nitrous at say 20% throttle is silly and pointless. It'd be like a supercharger that always makes boost, not only would there be driveability issues like surging and such, but it would be harder on the engine. Of course a supercharger is always pumping air, but it's bled off through a bypass valve whenever there is a vacuum.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:58 PM
damquick1
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ratnacage

ORIGINAL: dmbeard

Well, if there's a trophy for most retarded mod ever, you'd have it sewn up.

Ha Ha Ha Ha....that is the funniest thing I've heard in a long time!!!!
Wholly crap that's funny!

Quick Reply: nitrous fun!!