Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

nitrous fun!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 12:38 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: nitrous fun!!

There is no such thing as this unique kit. All the nitrous kits are on demand only when you need it. why do you want to spray while you are in idle?

Andrew
Old 10-16-2007, 10:30 AM
DROCKOFTX
2nd Gear Member

Acar will not run on 100% nitrous. Nitrous is not flammable it just has a high oxygen content making it possible to burn more of the fuel. This will be pretty much impossible unless you want your car to peg the rev limiter at idle all day long or you have a nitrous system with no WOT switch and somehow regulate the flow of nitrous from idle to WOT. Besides who cares no one will know if it is spraying all the time or not. Just put a regular Nirous kit on and BS everyone telling them it sprays all the time. No one will know the difference and if they know jack and still beleive you, they will think you are a douche like 75% of the people reading this post right now.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:59 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Not to mention if you spray nitrous at under 3k revs that usually means blow engine/trans/rear end what ever gives first. Remember your car makes stock around 300 lbs of tq at low rpm. Spray in 150 and you are making 450lbs at what? 2k rpm? = good bye tranny. This was just a newbie question from the start
Old 10-17-2007, 02:21 AM
Buddyweiser

YOU SAY WE ARE FLAMING YOU AND WE ARE THE ONES THAT DIDN'T READ YOUR POST RIGHT? dID YOU READ YOUR ORIGINAL POST? IT SAID NOTHING ABOUT IT JUST BEING A SHOW PIECE. DON'T GET MAD WHEN YOU POST SOMETHING STUPID ON A WEBSITE FOR MILLIONS OF PEOPLE TO SEE AND PEOPLE CALL YOU AN IDIOT. jUST THINK ABOUT IT.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:08 PM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

First of all, your engine would blow up once you dropped under 2500 rpms and still sprayed.
Second, your car cannot hold enough nitrous to do it. A 10 lb bottle lasts about a 1 mile, maybe 1.5. This would mean you would need over 100 lbs of nitrous to go 10 miles. And at an average of $4.00 a lb, thats $400 to drive 10 miles.

Third, This would be impossible to tune. Not only because it would be extrememly difficult, but because it would blow up while trying to tune it.

Forth, The 100 lb bottle i was talking about to get you 10 miles? Yeh they dont make that. And it doesnt matter how much $$$ you have, they will never make it. Oh yeah, and thats 10 miles.

Fifth, It doesnt matter if your engine is built, it would still be in peices.

I can go on, and on, and on. This is retarded. Not even logical. **** video games dont even do it!

Now find a way to regenerate nitrous ok, then you have something different. lol
Old 10-18-2007, 12:15 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Buddyweiser

YOU SAY WE ARE FLAMING YOU AND WE ARE THE ONES THAT DIDN'T READ YOUR POST RIGHT? dID YOU READ YOUR ORIGINAL POST? IT SAID NOTHING ABOUT IT JUST BEING A SHOW PIECE. DON'T GET MAD WHEN YOU POST SOMETHING STUPID ON A WEBSITE FOR MILLIONS OF PEOPLE TO SEE AND PEOPLE CALL YOU AN IDIOT. jUST THINK ABOUT IT.
LOL??? get some experience with nitrous then start acting all tuff on a forum.

Andrew
Old 10-18-2007, 12:20 AM
ratnacage
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ohsixgt1217

...video games dont even do it!
Old 10-18-2007, 12:35 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

I don't see the point. the current systems activate the nitrous at WOT, there's no switch per se, it's always there as long as the bottle is kept full. You could even hook up twin bottles. The idea of injecting nitrous at say 20% throttle is silly and pointless. It'd be like a supercharger that always makes boost, not only would there be driveability issues like surging and such, but it would be harder on the engine. Of course a supercharger is always pumping air, but it's bled off through a bypass valve whenever there is a vacuum.
+1000000000000000
Old 10-18-2007, 09:54 AM
DROCKOFTX
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ohsixgt1217

First of all, your engine would blow up once you dropped under 2500 rpms and still sprayed.
Second, your car cannot hold enough nitrous to do it. A 10 lb bottle lasts about a 1 mile, maybe 1.5. This would mean you would need over 100 lbs of nitrous to go 10 miles. And at an average of $4.00 a lb, thats $400 to drive 10 miles.

Third, This would be impossible to tune. Not only because it would be extrememly difficult, but because it would blow up while trying to tune it.

Forth, The 100 lb bottle i was talking about to get you 10 miles? Yeh they dont make that. And it doesnt matter how much $$$ you have, they will never make it. Oh yeah, and thats 10 miles.

Fifth, It doesnt matter if your engine is built, it would still be in peices.

I can go on, and on, and on. This is retarded. Not even logical. **** video games dont even do it!

Now find a way to regenerate nitrous ok, then you have something different. lol
Wow that hood looks familiar. I have the same setuo, same cold air and mounted the selenoid box in the same spot. I really need those headers too though. Nice!
Old 10-18-2007, 08:35 PM
07Grabber

If money is of no object, just go and bolt a pratt and whitney fighter plane engine in the roof of your car, that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, I was about to log off but the forums humor keeps me looking.