Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Mids with axel backs sound clips?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 10:15 AM
Tormentor
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Mids with axel backs sound clips?

check this sound clip out, the black gt I was talking about, it sounds awesome
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qih5SwoZ1Lw
Old 10-20-2007, 03:40 PM
MustangEsq
2nd Gear Member

Honestly, my set up does not sound like either of those clips at all. If I had my car here I would make a clip...I'll get one for you in a couple of days!

UDP's are underdrive pulleys...not too expensive, but not too much gain! Only do these after you have done more serious mods like gears first. If you are on a budget, DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!! I only did them cause I am reaching the end of naturally aspirated bolt-on options, and I was bored! I listen to people on this forum who think UDP's are better than sliced bread. MAYBE you get 5hp...but if your car is putting 280 to the rear wheels, do you honestly think you can feel the difference if you had 285?? You would feel more gain from a real good quality tank of gas! One good thing I noticed about UDP's though was that I got .5mpg better!

LCA's are lower control arms....they greatly decrease wheel spin and wheel hop, transfering more power to the pavement. The more you drive the car, the more you will realize thatpower is not a problem, but traction is!
Old 10-20-2007, 04:47 PM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangEsq

Honestly, my set up does not sound like either of those clips at all. If I had my car here I would make a clip...I'll get one for you in a couple of days!

UDP's are underdrive pulleys...not too expensive, but not too much gain! Only do these after you have done more serious mods like gears first. If you are on a budget, DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!! I only did them cause I am reaching the end of naturally aspirated bolt-on options, and I was bored! I listen to people on this forum who think UDP's are better than sliced bread. MAYBE you get 5hp...but if your car is putting 280 to the rear wheels, do you honestly think you can feel the difference if you had 285?? You would feel more gain from a real good quality tank of gas! One good thing I noticed about UDP's though was that I got .5mpg better!

LCA's are lower control arms....they greatly decrease wheel spin and wheel hop, transfering more power to the pavement. The more you drive the car, the more you will realize thatpower is not a problem, but traction is!
Thnx for the help I will save that in my little notepad of car info for future upgrades cant wait to hear your soundclip either get it posted lol!

ORIGINAL: Tormentor

check this sound clip out, the black gt I was talking about, it sounds awesome
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qih5SwoZ1Lw
oh yah i had seen that one it sounds nasty but I want more of that nascar type rasp at the high rpms, i hope that this settup i ordered has it.

Old 10-21-2007, 12:17 AM
TASSY5
2nd Gear Member

any pictures under the car how the exhaust set up looks.

I am waiting on my side exhaust from Cervinis. trying to decide if i want to order an O/R H or X pipe for a nice deep tone. any suggestions that will make those side exit magna flow mufflers sound realy good and not RICEY?