Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New 9 psi numbers!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 09:32 PM
Stage4
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: New 9 psi numbers!!

i don't think anyone called you a liar. THose are great numbers, and I believe that's what the dyno said also. It's just inconsistent with the results of almost everyone else running FI. I'd just like to know what's different, because if you are truly making that kind of power, I want to know how to get it also. Hence my questions above (heads/cams/boost control). Something just isn't making sense because I've had this kit and been on the dyno 4 times now with nowhere near that. Am i jealous? if the numbers are right, HECK YA. and the fact you're doing it all while in college, that's incredible. I admire your work ethic to pay for all that

One thing to keep in mind though before you talk too much trash about running into other people... there will always be a car faster than yours.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:48 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Great numbers jd!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!
Old 12-30-2007, 03:09 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

I may speak for others, but we don't doubt what the dyno said, we just wonder how accurate it is. Our issue isn't calling you a liar, mine atleast, it's more about what power your car is really making. It's difficult to compare before and after dyno #s unless it the same dyno with the exact same settings. Unless you own the dyno you wouldn't know. This is why I said go run it and see what the #s are. That is a much better indicator of how much power you are making now.

We all know your car is a beast. No doubt about it. But you should be skeptical too, gaining soo much for such a little mod. There are alot of people here with experience and knowledge of what our cars can and will do at given boost levels. All this skeptism should be a clue.

Can't wait to see you run it.

I wish I had a built motor.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:06 AM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

You're taking this way too personal.This is a public forum. Some people are going to agree and some may disagree with whatever any of us post. Remember there are a lot of posters on these boards,that have FI and have lots more experience than you or I.Many have had their cars dynoednumerous times, read reviews from the experts,researched the technology, compared resultsetc etc. You posted numbers that appear high to some for the size turbo and boost indicated.You might consider it as useful feedback andlook into it a bit more.

My car will be dynotuned soon after weeks of rebuild. I ballpark know what to expect given my setup: turbo size, anticipated boost,octane used during dyno, turbo vendor andmanufacturer's claims, type of dyno,and such.If the numbers are significantly higher than I expect, I'll question it and probably have it dynoed somewhere else on a similar dyno just to verify.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:08 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Been on that Dyno myself. I believe it is a dynojet. It also was consistent with another Dyno run I had done by a different shop within days of the G-force dyno.

Hence, for what it's worth, the dyno was fairly accurate (2 hp variance between the two) based upon another dyno about 2 to 3 months ago. I know it doesn't mean much. I just thought I would throw it out there.

Nice numbers. Got to love it when the weather gets cold in Houston!!
Old 12-30-2007, 08:53 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jdback19

I guess that comment makes me arrogant and a little kid. All in all its the damn truth instead of saying "God damn great numbers JD." I get **** like "Bull**** you're a fuggin liar." As far as getting my car running good numbers at the track its called "prioritys". See I am paying my way through college so some exoenses have to take the back seat while I finish up school. I got the power under the hood and I know I have it it gets the job done and puts alot of people in their place. Im done with the 05-08 section all I ever hear around here is a bunch of whining and "my car is better than your car" BS!!! I wanted to show some numbers and got ridiculed in the process so again I hope i run into some of you "Gear heads" on the street or at the track (when all is finished).
Your age makes you a little kid, but that statement does make you arrogant. There are plenty of cars that would beat you on the street with less power. You really need better tires and suspension if you're making that much power. It's not safe and i'm suprised you haven't broken or bent the factory control arms.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:13 AM
Blackhawk
2nd Gear Member

Maybe there's some boost creep?

I'll most likely be moving to the Woodlands area come May. Where did you get all your work done at?
Old 12-30-2007, 09:55 AM
flyin_hawaiin
1st Gear Member

your torque #s are actually around 500.... look where your spike happens and then eyeball smooth it... btw, nice numbers!

thanks bob kurgan
Old 01-01-2008, 10:09 PM
jdback19
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

ORIGINAL: jdback19

I guess that comment makes me arrogant and a little kid. All in all its the damn truth instead of saying "God damn great numbers JD." I get **** like "Bull**** you're a fuggin liar." As far as getting my car running good numbers at the track its called "prioritys". See I am paying my way through college so some exoenses have to take the back seat while I finish up school. I got the power under the hood and I know I have it it gets the job done and puts alot of people in their place. Im done with the 05-08 section all I ever hear around here is a bunch of whining and "my car is better than your car" BS!!! I wanted to show some numbers and got ridiculed in the process so again I hope i run into some of you "Gear heads" on the street or at the track (when all is finished).
Your age makes you a little kid, but that statement does make you arrogant. There are plenty of cars that would beat you on the street with less power. You really need better tires and suspension if you're making that much power. It's not safe and i'm suprised you haven't broken or bent the factory control arms.
Im about to be 22 man you better be in your 50's.

Blackhawk i did all the work myself in my fathers shop. As far as tuning goes FASTLANE.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:08 AM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

Amazing. Gotta love those turbos.