Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Saleen s/c with auto trans owners...

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 09:47 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen s/c with auto trans owners...

Hrmm... Either my eyes are failing me, or yours are..

Dealer != Speedlab.. Notice how I only listed 4 places in the country, and none of them are dealers?

Best of luck with that.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:09 AM
JimIII@JDM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: exx1976
I actually called Saleen, and the only place you can have it installed and get their drivetrain warranty is at an authorized Saleen Speedlab facility. To my knowledge, that means Brenspeed, JDM, and Saleen in Irvine, CA and Saleen in Troy, MI. They may be one or two others, but that's all I know off the top of my head. Call them up, they'll give it to you straight.
There are several speedlab facilitys across the country. Some Ford Dealerships are authorized for installation butmay not be recognized as a speedlab facility.However when we became the first one we were told it would be just us. Then we found out it only took buying 10 superchargers to become certified. Whatever they want to do i guess, but just know that when your looking into having one installed to go to someone you trust and who Saleen is an authorized center.

They are currently in the process of going through current install facilitys and deciding who to keep and who to let go...

I saw this press release from Saleen a few weeks ago....

Feb. 2008 Muscle Mustangs and Fast FordsMagazine page 46

" Saleen recently announced plans to grow its Speedlab racing division, which will include a new line of performance parts, as well as the opening of Speedlab installation centers across the United States."

"We will be opening Speedlab centers of which JDM Engineering (Freehold, New Jersey) is the first of its kind across the United States," says Saleen Speedlab sales manager Carlos Duran. The current plan is to open about 10 Speedlab centers in high-volume areas, with JDM opening the first in New Jersey, followed by a second shop in Texas. Florida is next on the list, and Saleen Speedlab is looking to round out installation centers with locations in the Midwest and West Coast.

These centers will be authorized to install Saleen components with a warranty and will also exist as stocking centers for wholesale accounts. Saleen headquaters will no longer deal with retail and funnel sales through its distribution channels. Certain vehicles will qualify to be official Speedlab vehicles. JDM has the first four, which are used for drag racing, and speedlab will supply a letter and certificate to authenticate."

JimIII
Old 01-15-2008, 09:21 AM
sevenleaf
3rd Gear Member

After alot of back and forth, I'm almost certain that I will be going with the Saleen s/c for my FI needs. Just wanted to hear from any auto trans owners (maybe even MT owners) for some feedback as far as:
-Where did you buy it and who installed it?: Bought it from brenspeed stage 2 then 3 then 3 1/2 I have everything a stage 4 has except 3.2 pulley.
-What tune did you go with? : Brenspeed Stage 3 Tune is the same for a stage 3 1/2 stage 4 new tune.
-Had any problems (mechanical, fitment, etc.)? I installed it myself fairly straight forward, don't take out the stop bolt and you should be fine. I had a bad pump actuator from day 1 took a month to figure it out.
-
How is the trans holding up?: At 11.5 psi and a few thousand miles no problems
-Happy with it? I want more power should have gone whipple.
I'm leaning heavily towards the Brenspeed stage 2 kit + install. Anybody out there gone this route? I'll probably be getting my custom hood befor ethe s/c goes in so hood clearance shouldn't be an issue, I've heard some do and some don't have clearance problems.

For the power you get the saleen is awesome just becareful since it's veryaddicting.

Thanks!
Old 01-15-2008, 10:01 AM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

Sevenleaf - I recall in a different thread you talked about that stop bolt.. Why did you take it out in the first place? Am I going to be tempted to do the same thing you did? UPS is delivering my Stage 2 today, I'll probably start turning wrenches this weekend (maybe)..

Old 01-15-2008, 10:44 AM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JimIII@JDM

... followed by a second shop in Texas. ...

JimIII

Sweet! I wonder where in Tx. I hope not too far from me.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:45 AM
sevenleaf
3rd Gear Member

Sevenleaf - I recall in a different thread you talked about that stop bolt.. Why did you take it out in the first place? Am I going to be tempted to do the same thing you did? UPS is delivering my Stage 2 today, I'll probably start turning wrenches this weekend (maybe)..

Because instead of going out to get a proper tool, 10MM shallow woobly I worked with what I had. The saleen instructions say make note of the bolt, nothing really important so I thought it wasn't so specific. The directions should say DO NOT REMOVE THE STOP BOLT NO MATTER WHAT but they don't.

Congrats on the saleen your going to really enjoy it, mine is a ton of fun, after I got through all the problems of course.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:12 AM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet..............

It just got here..........
Old 01-15-2008, 11:33 AM
sevenleaf
3rd Gear Member

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet..............

It just got here..........

The day UPS showed out for delivery I already had my intake off waiting for the Supercharger hehe... I know how your feeling!!
Old 01-15-2008, 12:38 PM
08Steeda
3rd Gear Member

I want a Whipple SC based upon my own research but I have heard others say they have gone with something else only to regret or wish they went with a Whipple?

Can anyone tell me why they feel that way? The Saleen seems like a great product and there are ton's of people who praise their Saleen SC's. Don't Saleen's and Whipple have comparable HP gains?

I live in Michigan and seriously considered the Saleen SC because they are so close (Troy, Mi).
Old 01-15-2008, 12:40 PM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

sevenleaf, so u're running the 3.2 pulley (11.5psi) right?

how much power are you putting down with that?

Quick Reply: Saleen s/c with auto trans owners...